GTR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening everyone. I am new to this forum so apologies if this should be in the "wheel" section. I am a GTR deposit holder with delivery expected March 2010. I ordered in April this year.

I just want to try and clarify the wheel colour for the Black edition. My understanding is that wheel colour changes were announced in a Dec 2008 press release but it is not clear when these changes would have been reflected in cars arriving in this country that may well have been ordered well before this date.

Are the Black edition wheels actually black, rather than the dark smoked colour and do Black edition cars arriving in the UK currently have this wheel colour - or will this only apply to cars ordered post-Dec 2008? I have looked at loads of pics but I am still not 100% clear.

Hope this makes sense!

Thanks

·
Registered
794 Posts
All UK Black Edition cars have been delivered with the "black" wheels, which I would describe as darker grey, compared with the dark grey of the Premium and Base models. To be honest, I struggle to distinguish them, but then again I am colour blind. :bawling:

·
Registered
288 Posts
Originally all UK cars were due to have silver wheels, except the black edition which was due for anthracite (or smoked) wheels.

Before any UK deliveries though, this was changed so ALL UK cars would have smoked wheels, and so the black edition was given black wheels instead of smoked.

So every UK car would have come with smoked or black wheels, and every UK black edition would have come with black wheels.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers guys - so are the black edition wheels actually proper black or just a dark grey like Supraman says? I may be betting confused because the dark grey could look black in certain light, particularly on lighter coloured cars.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers, nice pic of your car - looks good (I'm not called Hugo by the way although my two year old is!).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Hugo's dad,

I changed my mind a 100 times over this one as i do think the colours are quite distinctive. I had a black edition on order prior to the change in Ultimate Silver and having seen the dark grey/black wheels on a number of cars including UMS decided to change to a premium edition at the last moment possible. My car is due in 3 weeks (Benfield - so im not far away from you probably).

The new black wheels look really good on other colours especially black and red imo but i did not like them on the UMS car where the original smoked grey alloys looked really much better imo - the main reason i went for a Black Edition in the first place.

I know that has little to do with your question but Hi anyway

Bobo

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello Bobo, I do actually have a real name as well (Julian). I live in Ponteland and you are correct, I have ordered from Benfield. You must be very excited with only three weeks to go.

I am interested in how you have found dealing with Benfield. I get on very well with them - bought a new Pathfinder from them last year - but I asked a couple of times in the last month or so if there was any update on my March 2010 delivery date but it's all been a bit quiet. As well as desparately wanting the car as soon as possible, I have to sort out finance and sell two other cars, and not knowing the timescale is a bit annoying. I am one of those people who likes to be told every day not to worry and the car will arrive when the say it will!

I am going for storm white by the way.

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
it's all shades of gray

however, they all look good, now that silver has gone

but I guess white is going to look great with the darker, black ed, wheels

big premium to pay just for that though

·
Registered
220 Posts
mmmm, I wish they'd retained the option of silver wheels with a silver car - call me weird but I think they would have matched quite nicely!!!

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
like my suprabro, ive found it really difficult to distinguish the colour difference between the black ed wheels and the other models' wheels - yes, perhaps slightly darker but certainly not a strong 'black' colour as youd probably expect.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts