GTR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got flashed twice by a Gatso in Wandsworth today. Didn't see a speed limit sign anywhere in the vicinity. It was at the crack of dawn when the roads were clear, speed was approx 45-50 (nothing crazy!)
Anyways can anyone confirm how long before I possibly get a notice of intended prosecution & if anyone has managed to avoid a prosecution?

I read somewhere there is only 25% chance of a Gatso actually having unused film in it, although knowing my luck they would have replaced the film 10mins before I drove past!

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Admittedly it was back in 2002, and this is absolutely no word of a lie, but when I was caught doing a stupid 57 in a 30 (Short version of the story was that I had had a nasty argument with the now ex, and was on my way home from Winchester to Crowborough in my ex Starlet GT Turbo. I simply wasn't concentrating on my speed, foot was resting on the pedal and speed increased slowly before I realised how fast I was going and saw the officer in the road with his hand up - got a month’s ban, just deserves for me really!)

Anyway, I got caught in February, and I genuinely didn't hear anything through the post or by any other means of communication for exactly 5 months and 29 days after initially getting stopped. The day I did hear I was due to fly out for a 2 week summer holiday to Corfu and I got the court summons through that morning - AWESOME!

As I said, this was a while ago now so things may have changed. My Policeman best mate mentioned something at the time like they have 6 months to let you know. - I try to stay away from trouble like that now!! :nervous:

·
Through the Night
4,267 Posts
[QUOTE=DaleHarrison;. My Policeman best mate mentioned something at the time like they have 6 months to let you know. - I try to stay away from trouble like that now!! :nervous:

I belive it can still take a while to come through ,
Some of my best mates are Policemen:rolleyes:

·
Registered
345 Posts
If you were caught twice on the same journey, they can only 'do you' once providing that you haven't stopped eg; one uninterupted journey. If you admit to stopping, then they can prosecute you for each offence. This little nugget of info was in yesterday's Sunday Mirror paper where an unidentified district Judge tells you (each week) about loopholes in the law.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
NIP

Check out the website "pepipoo.com" mate. Post up your particulars on the site (remove your personal details) and get some advice. They are very knowledgeable and helpful. I went through this twice last year using the Pace witness statement method and timed them both out. Make sure you keep the envelopes/documents if/when you receive the NIP.

Good luck :)

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cheers lads will checkout the site.

Floyd- the same Gatso flashed twice, I know some Gatsos flash randomly and only once to slow down drivers but these do not take a picture.

Will have to wait and see hopefully I don't receive a letter otherwise will have to post the wifes license and say she was the culprit !

·
Registered
345 Posts
Floyd- the same Gatso flashed twice, I know some Gatsos flash randomly and only once to slow down drivers but these do not take a picture.
OK my bad. I thought you'd been caught twice on different camera's.
Still, the info is good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts