GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a set sequence to bleeding the Brembo's on my R33 GTR?
I have heard you should bleed the ABS pump first but where is the bleed nipple for this?
Do you release both of the nipples on the caliper at the same time or one at a time, if so which one first?
Thanks in advance
Ian.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry mods maybe this should have gone in maintenance section?

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
Dont know about the calipers but I'm sure I read in the workshop manual that you do the ABS pump LAST. Of course, I have been known to be wrong LOL

TT

·
Registered
231 Posts
I wouldn't touch the abs, you can get into all sorts of trouble if you get air in there! You should never really need to touch that. As for calipers doesn't really matter just do one nipple at a time. Make sure you have a high quality ring spanner that drives off the flats or a good quality brake pipe spanner as you do not want to round them off, when bleeding don't over tighten you can easily shear them off!

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks very much Thacker.
I have never bled the ABS unit on other cars either for fear of getting air in them.
Was just seeing whether the brembo's have a set sequence you have to follow.
Cheers.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Just keep your eye on the fluid level when your bleeding them don't let it get below minimum incase you draw any air in. A friend of mine decided to change his brake fluid by emptying it all then topping it back up! Arrrrgh!!!! Took about ten gallons of brake fluid to get the air out! If you are changing the fluid just keep bleeding and topping up till you've got fresh fluid coming through.

I've just fitted brembo's to my 32 bled up easily did each nipple about 10 times to make sure there was no air and to change the fluid also.

Hope this helps Ed

·
Registered
335 Posts
brakes

i usually start at the rear and work to the front, don't forget that they have two nipples,the ones on the rear are difficult to see and you might miss them!
Will

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Hmmm....
Longest line first i.e nearside rear.
then offside rear then near front etc.
bleed the Abs before and after !
If you have pressure in the system when opening the nipple then it is impossible to allow air into the unit ! :flame:

Saves money on the Voodoo priest. :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:
c

·
Registered
249 Posts
As above.

Always work from far to near: right rear, left rear, right front, left front. Do the outside of the caliper, than the inside of the caliper. I have never had any reason to bleed the ABS. If you are all alone, you can replace the bleed screw with these: Speed Bleeder Bleeding Brakes Bleeding Motorcycle Brakes Automotive Bleeder Screw Brake Bleeder I contacted them and the Brembos use SB1010S. I don't have them on the Skyline yet, but I have them on my Mitsubishi and they work well.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the advice, so do most people use a pressure bleeder to do the brakes or just good old fashioned shouting of 'open..... close.... open' to your mate on the brake pedal!!?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts