GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, ive had gearbox of this 33 gtr vspec at my job, and one of the few things to dó tomorrow is bleeding the atessa.

The topics i have found about the subject says that you need to remove a plug under the dash - but where is it located and what does it look like?
And when removing this plug, Will the pump keep pumping untill i switch of the ignition again?

Anyone Got a picture?

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
It's a single wire white plug that you unplug.
Mine sits next to the fuses anyway.
The pump will keep it's pressure up with the ignition on.

Don't forget to bleed the diff.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I have r33 v-spec and the plug was brown, not white. And if you put ignition on, attesa pressure is 2bar, when you put ignition off, attesa pressure is 6 bar= better bleeding i think.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers, as always theres a lot of help this forum!

Ill see if i can find the plug tomorrow!

The system hasnt been drained, but ill bleed it all and change all of the fluid - just for good messure.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I have r33 v-spec and the plug was brown, not white. And if you put ignition on, attesa pressure is 2bar, when you put ignition off, attesa pressure is 6 bar= better bleeding i think.
How on earth would the pressure rise when the system is switched off?
When you turn off the car you have the base pressure in the system which is around 30psi if I recall correctly, this only applies to r33/34 because r32 doesn't have a base pressure . And if you start bleeding then the pump won't start so after a short period of time you'll have zero pressure.

·
Registered
423 Posts
How on earth would the pressure rise when the system is switched off?
When you turn off the car you have the base pressure in the system which is around 30psi if I recall correctly, this only applies to r33/34 because r32 doesn't have a base pressure . And if you start bleeding then the pump won't start so after a short period of time you'll have zero pressure.
just a couple months ago i put mechanical gauge to attesa pressure line, find out that base pressure is 2bar car on idle or just when you turn ignition on, but when you turn car off, pressure rises to 6bar. So when bleeding, always turn ignition off after pump has make pressure.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
just a couple months ago i put mechanical gauge to attesa pressure line, find out that base pressure is 2bar car on idle or just when you turn ignition on, but when you turn car off, pressure rises to 6bar. So when bleeding, always turn ignition off after pump has make pressure.
But the fact remains that the pump won't start up again with the ignition off.
So if you're bleeding a lot the pressure will only continue to drop.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Had the ignition on while bleeding the system.
Plug is White and wires are green !

The knowledge on this forum is superb!

·
Registered
423 Posts
But the fact remains that the pump won't start up again with the ignition off.
So if you're bleeding a lot the pressure will only continue to drop.
yes offcourse, i thought this was clear to everybody.

But why my car's bleeding plug is brown? Next to brown plug is also white plug but nothing happens when i disconnect it. When i disconnect brown plug, attesa pump start to prime. Strange..

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
yes offcourse, i thought this was clear to everybody.

But why my car's bleeding plug is brown? Next to brown plug is also white plug but nothing happens when i disconnect it. When i disconnect brown plug, attesa pump start to prime. Strange..
Maybe it's year dependant.

·
Registered
509 Posts
i bled my customers by having all 4 wheels off the ground run engine and in gear then opened nipple,always worked for me

1 - 13 of 13 Posts