GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of replacing my HKS turbo timer with the Blitz Multi Speed Turbo Timer, which has the 0-60 and 1/4 mile timer built in. Anyone have one of these/are they any good (accurate) and worth it?

Cheers
Suhail

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Suhail,

I got one as a Xmas present but haven't had it fitted yet. I did speak to the guys at Abbey Motorsport and the one I had they said was pretty good. Doesn't exactly help but at least they didn't laugh me all the way out of the garage. However, there are three or four types of turbo tuimers by Bklitz, so not sure what your one is.

Regards
John

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,591 Posts

Suhail,

I have had a Blitz MSTT for about a year now.
They actually do 3.
A basic automatic timer.
One with built in boost guauge & automatic time.
And the Multi Speed Turbo Timer.
It works really well, I just leave it on auto and let is do what it needs. :)

As for the performance timer, well I guess its quite accurate.
Its only a stop watch and speedo after all.

I have only used it a coulpe of times and I'm only getting used to launching it.
Not being a lover of dropping the clutch is hindering me though. :mad: :mad:

Last attempt: Held 4k :), let the clutch in gentel but quick :), floored it at the same time :D ,
Clutch slipped badly all the way to the limiter :(, banged into that for a bit :eek:.

Ended up with a 5.1 sec.

Due to the smell I decide to leave it a bit!!

If I can just sort out my driving I'm very confident I can chop at least 0.5 of a sec off.
Which I'd concider good with 370 bhp and std clutch, (which could do with being replaced).

As for the MSTT, its easier that getting a mate to use his Casio watch while leaning all over you!!!! :D :D

·
Registered
832 Posts
The Blitz MSTT is as accurate as you make it. You have to callibrate the speedo in Kph first, by driving to 40kph and pressing a button. Once it's done, it is actually very accurate to a tenth of a second.

I think it was worth buying. Helps the tubby cool down a bit but it's worth buying for the "flash git" factor when you do a quick stop at the shop and everyone stares at you in disbelief for leaving the car running.:D :D :smokin:

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Turbo Timers?

What is the deal with the Turbo timers, I understand what they do and considered having one for my Subaru but how does it work in the fact that you turn the engine off remove the keys and turn the alarm on and the engine still runs?

Will this not trigger the alarm or is there a delay until the engine stops turning over?

I guess you also get some one who knows what they are doing to fit it?

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
immobilisers

I can't have one on my 33 because I have passive arming and imobilisation (I could switch it off but then I quite like the feature.)

it just means that if you need to go to the bank you must sit for a couple of minutes with it ticking over. no too much hassle !!

have fun

Steve

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I see so you can still get a turbo timer to monitor how long the engine needs to turn over after you've stopped even if you are still plonked in the car as it happens.

I to have the Cliiford all singing all dancing battery draining alarm system. If you go for the sit in the car whilst it does it timing version I suppose the installation will be a lot easier?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Think I'll go for the Blitz MSTT just to find out if I have a 10second car:smokin:

BTW, I currently have my HKS turbo timer wired with a relay into my Clifford alarm (one of the G4 alarms with intellistart) so that before I get out the car I press a button on my remote which activates the turbo timer. I can then get out and arm the alarm and the car will idle for however long I have set on the turbo timer. Once its finished its countdown the car is fully imobilised. And if someone tries to break in whilst its counting down, the alarm will sound straight away and again shut the engine down.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Is it the clifford 50 X the one that has a permeter alarm?

Also do you have a piccie/link to the HKS turbo timer as a friend of mine has one and last night managed a 10.5 0-100 in his highly modded Scoob. The blitz ones only measure 0-60 and 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My HKS turbo timer is just the standard one (http://www.hksusa.com/html/turbotimers.htm), I don't know if they do one with a speed timer (maybe in Japan). Anyone know?

My clifford is the concept 600 (with prox and few other bits, although i think the prox is a bit useless), but I think you can wire up the turbo timer to any clifford alarm with a timer relay (any current generation concept XXX alarm).

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
There is a new one out then. He had Option fit it last month and it is accurate to 1/100 of a second apparently.

I'll see if I can get the model number.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts