GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
Who do you think is better of the two in aftermarket parts, well I know HKS has legendary track records in motorsports e.g. HKS R33. :) But when it comes to parts like turbos who is better? and how about in electronics who is better? I saw Blitz's color screen boost controller... it's very nice indeed specially visually vs. HKS evc, but I like HKS turbo timers better though.

·
Registered
25,955 Posts
the blitz ID boost controllers are very smart and do a good job (the dual solenoid ones)

HKS stuff is ok, (some parts are fine) others are shameful in the way they are built

example those carbon GTR engine covers they did. i had the kevlar oneson my old 32gtr they were poo

i try not to use HKS stuff where possible, i know a number of our customers are the same

try and stick to Nismo, ARC, Sard or for engine bits TOMEI.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok.... so some HKS stuff are poor? It's a shame since they have a very good motorsports heritage and stuff. My minor concern is If I'm going to have electronic gadgets like boost controller, timer, etc. in my interior I want it to have a common brand as much a possible to make it clean.. Is this the way to go? or it's ok to have different brands? Because I find some parts very nice in Blitz and some from HKS... :(

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Why would it not be ok to mix brands ?

If you go for the best you will not have the same brand at all.

I have Defi gauges as i think they are the best and have an ok look, but use the Apexi EVCR boost controller.

It nice to have all HKS or what ever brand, but you have a bigger chance to have something unique if you mix.

What do you want ? Clean one brand only ? or the best of what is ?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why would it not be ok to mix brands ?

If you go for the best you will not have the same brand at all.

I have Defi gauges as i think they are the best and have an ok look, but use the Apexi EVCR boost controller.

It nice to have all HKS or what ever brand, but you have a bigger chance to have something unique if you mix.

What do you want ? Clean one brand only ? or the best of what is ?
Very well said bro!!!! He he.. well it's some friend's advice to have at most 2 brands in my exterior like defi gauges then hks or blitz boost controller and timer, since we were planning a future participation in a car show.

·
Registered
25,955 Posts
you have to mix brands because not one tuner does everything

i just dont like the quality of HKS stuff so i dont use it ;-)

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
well thats news to me matty

i always thought hks were one of the best

i am glad you voiced your opinion :thumbsup:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you have to mix brands because not one tuner does everything

i just dont like the quality of HKS stuff so i dont use it ;-)
Really?! I also thought they were one of the best if not the best especially in GTRs and Nissan cars aftermarkets. So Matty what do you think about there new EVC boost controller?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts