GTR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, this may be a dumb question but here it goes:

I have a 1991 R32 GTR with stock internals. The only thing I have set up engine related is a Greddy boost controller that uses the fuel pressure vacuum line instead of the vacuum lines from the boost system (could not get any vacuum from the normal boost lines). The line I have it hooked to right now is the one very close to the radiator bleed screw. Anyway, my car will not produce boost in neutral. Is this normal? I always thought that no matter what gear you are in, the engine is still revving and pushing exhaust gases to the turbos thus producing boost. Anyone able to explain why this is?

In case it makes a difference, I have the boost controller set up to produce 1 bar at max boost (heard that was a safe pressure for stock internals and stock turbos).

Thank you!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
No. It means that the vacuum / boost signal to the regulator should only go to near atmospheric.. ie 0. This is from a vacuum at idle or throttle close.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.