GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Blown fuse

I seem to have fuse which keeps blowing. I have a UK manual but it is no great help. I have attached a pic. Does anyone know what this fuse protects and why it keeps blowing.

Stewart:confused: :mad: :confused: :mad:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Hi Stu,

Can you blow up the scan so that the Kanji is readable. Then I'll get you a translation.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Stu,

This may not help much, but;

The literal translation is "Electric Parts" :rolleyes:
The local Japanese Petrolheads think it must be for accessories that require a permanent live because its attached to the battery terminal, so it might be an alarm, immobiliser, aftermarket stereo or something.

I'll also take it to the nearby Nismo place and ask for more info asap.

It might also be worth a quick phone call to ProSpec or Middlehursts, who are usually happy to help.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This bloody fuse is really P*****g me off

I have posted another pic of my fuse box in the hope that someone can help on this. I am hoping that someone will be brave enough to remove this offending fuse from there car and tell me what stops working. I know it is nothing essential as the car runs OK without it, the only things that seem to have stopped working are: the ignition buzzer (ie left your keys in), the clock (not sure about this one) and the radio. If someone would be kind enough to try this for me I would be very grateful.

Also if looking at this diagram you notice you have more fuses than me (I don't know why ?) can you please tell me too.

many thanks

Stewart

Attachments

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
Stewart
Reading through the previous posts have you got the standard radio or have you changed it?
If so then try removing the power to the set and seeing if the fuse still blows.
Just a thought and something for you to try.
Best regards :D

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
radio

Thanks for the suggestion Allen I tried that one earlier, in fact took off the dash and disconnected: Air con, radio, rear fog etc and the bloody thing still goes POP!!

Stewart:mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
You say that some things are not working ie ign buzzer clock etc
Have you been through and disconnected all of these bits of equipment to eliminate them.
If she still blows a fuse with all those bits disconnected then I would lift the fuse box up and start checking for a frayed or exposed wire which is going to earth.
Hope you find it soon m8ty
Good hunting.
I had a wire on my old GTO which touched earth every now and again. It blew the main fuse for the lights.
I traced the wire weeks later to under the steering column covers

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
fuse box

In reply to the last two posts I have disconnected the clock but do not know how to disconnect the buzzer. Not sure how to go about checking the alarm either.

Stewart

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
Stewart
The ignition buzzer looks like a relay and is above your feet on the drivers side.
All you will have to do is pull the plug off the end.
Just put your keys in and follow the noise:D
As for the alarm what one do you have installed???
God your up early posting msgs:D :D
See ya

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
relay

Alan, I am going to sound really thick saying this but when you say a relay what do you actually mean? The problem with the buzzer is that it is not working at all so even if I put my keys in the damn thing don't buzz anyway.

The reason I was posting early today was that I have been bidding on E-bay for a set of GTR Zippo lighters which I have now managed to secure (rather nice too) I will post a picture of them if anyone is interested in having a look as they will not have been delivered before Dyno day so unfortunatly I will not be able to bring them along.

Stewart:smokin:

PS I have a Sigma Alarm installed

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
smoke 2 much

Yeah maybe but I only got 3 lighters you got 4

Stewart:smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts