GTR Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
spaghetti

Another infuriating day spent trying to locate my fuse problem and still no luck. Had a look under the steering column but spaghetti junction is a breeze compared to that lot. I do not think it would be advisable for me to go rootin' around amongst that lot. Therefore I am back to pleading for anyone with some bright ideas of what I can try next, frankly this is a complete puzzler to me. The irony is it is probably something very small and very simple that I am missing.

Stewart:mad:

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
Relay

Normally the buzzer/relay has got a small plug with 2 wires on it and on one end a little grill to let the noise out. It will be normally white or black and about 1"x1.5"x1.5".
Hope this helps if not we will have a search on saturday.:D

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
good man

Cheers Alan I would appreciate a little help as I am now totally pi***d off with the whole thing!!! Look forward to meeting you on Saturday. I will be there about 8.30 providing I don't make any detours on the way.

Stewart:smokin: :D :smokin:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I suppose it is an age thing the older you get the less sleep you need;) Will see you when you arrive.

:smokin:

·
Registered
96 Posts
blowing fuse

Hi Stu,

Sorry this reply is a bit late but was wondering if you'd cured you're blowing fuse. I had the same problem with the same fuse a few months back and it turned out to be the permanent power to the stereo earthing to the mounting cage. Hope this helps if it's not too late :)

Jon

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
fixed fuse

The fuse now works again!!!!!! Seems to have been a botch job by the garage that I bought the car off. The original radio had been removed before it was imported into the UK, the guys who connected the new radio made a hashy connection between the original connector and the new one which they installed. This was all right until I fitted my powered dial kit and it appears i disloged something (that shouldn't have been there anyway) and caused the short.

Everything now works properly; radio,buzzer,clock & air-con.

Thanks to all who contributed to this thread, will see some of you guys at Kemble as I have decided to bring the old girl along for a play (hopefully with some 106RON fuel as well).

Stewart:D :D :D

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
going for a (brucee)bonus

Thanks Alan I (NEW)it would all come right in the end. I will be travelling up to Kemble with 50l of 106RON and my MuM (speed freak), who will be looking for a fast ride!!!!!!!!! A potentialy lethal combination. Oh and by the way I will be also bringing an officer of the LAW ( West Sussex Constabulary)

HE HE HE HE Your nicked, and are those tyres legal son??????
Does your insurance company know what you have done to your car???????:smokin: :smokin: NEE NAW NEE NAW

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Kemble

Mother will be bringing the spare underwear:p As for PC Plod talk about corrupt coppers, he's as bent as a nine bob note. Every time we go out in the car he actively encourages me to break the speed limit.:D :D

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Fuse

Hi there,
It controls for electrical parts which needs constant electricity
even when the engine is stopped.
For example,
Clock, Auto amp for air conditioner, HICAS, ATTESA,
Audio, AV system, and Power antenna.
This fuse is for the devices that have to memorize
the particular data such as air conditioner temp,
clock, and so on.
In those devices, it is important that the fuse controls
HICAS or ATTESA ETS, too.
If your car is R33 GTS and your car has HICAS, HICAS will not work properly without the fuse.
If your car is R33 GTR, ATTESA will not work properly without the fuse.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Yours sincerely,
Shin

21 - 33 of 33 Posts