GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
car running fine yesterday.put the blitz boost controller to high and before i knew it a loud screaming sound came from the turbo area.a loss of power followed by smoke when accelerating.it screeches when being revved.assuming a turbo is blown what bolt on set up would anyone reccommend,with larger injectors etc.
gtr 33 boost controller-hks filters-decat and thats about it that i can tell.
will this be a big job?
looking to buy if anyone can supply only had the car a week.a nice welcome to skyline ownership

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Standard turbos?

If not, what are (were) they and what boost were you running?.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
standard as far as i can tell.boost on low 0.6 high looked like 1.0bar,could not really tell.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Well 1.0 bar shouldnt have killed them IMO... although some people on here think 0.9 bar is max for standard...

Did you always 'warm them down' after a 'sprited' drive?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
on the couple of occasions i have driven it-yes.during a good run out temp was120-130c.let them cool to approx 100c.is this enough?

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
safcjo said:
on the couple of occasions i have driven it-yes.during a good run out temp was120-130c.let them cool to approx 100c.is this enough?
Should be fine..

With reference to your previous question about replacing them.. the job itself is not easy unless you are a competent mechanic.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
had a go at most things before.just need some nice new turbos or should i get the standard ones re furbed maybe with steel internals,360 bearings.is this possible

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Depends on what BHP you want out of the car... refurb the standards with steel internals will give 400 bhp (ish) from what i gather, thats the general opinion on this forum... (with other mods obviously)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
would like a bit more and prepared to put injectors,cams,fuel pump,re-map.how much do think this will cost?

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
safcjo said:
would like a bit more and prepared to put injectors,cams,fuel pump,re-map.how much do think this will cost?
My R32 GTR expense so far >>>>

GT-SS turbo's (with manifolds) £1200

700cc injectors £300

Apexi Power FC £200 (used)

Fuel pump (255 litres) £80

Fuel pressure regulator £100

Apexi boost controller £150

HKS metal inlet manifold gaskets £40

Plus the ancilliary monies labour and mapping etc.. another grand... (thats reasonably cheap though, got a friend to do the work)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
how do you find the ss turbos.just secured some 700cc injectors and stage 1 cams.still looking for turbos and fuel pumps.do you have any advice.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
safcjo said:
how do you find the ss turbos.just secured some 700cc injectors and stage 1 cams.still looking for turbos and fuel pumps.do you have any advice.
The SS turbo's wont 'pin you to the seat' but they provide a nice boost throughout the rev range, and the car is very responsive now with them on..

The car is a hell of a lot quicker than it was as standard.. I wasnt looking to get 'drag car' performance, just wanted a quick road car, and that's what ive got now :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts