GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is absolute pants in my Navara, and now I find everyone tells me it is exactly the same in my GT-R. I can hear them perfectly OK, but they struggle to hear me properly. I was using my wifes X5 today and straight away two people say it is nice and clear.

After reading various peoples comments on here saying it was good, I really am disappointed now. I spend a lot of time in my car and am always on the phone to people while driving, in traffic or waiting etc. If I remember correctly from here a few months ago, I read that the microphone is situated on the left hand side. Can anyone confirm this and can it be improved?

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Yeah, I thought I had solved it by turning up the "outgoing call volume" hidden in one of the menus, but people still complain they can barely hear me.

Very frustrating as it is a much better solution than a headset and my TomTom is nowhere near loud enough.

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
It is absolute pants in my Navara, and now I find everyone tells me it is exactly the same in my GT-R. I can hear them perfectly OK, but they struggle to hear me properly. I was using my wifes X5 today and straight away two people say it is nice and clear.

After reading various peoples comments on here saying it was good, I really am disappointed now. I spend a lot of time in my car and am always on the phone to people while driving, in traffic or waiting etc. If I remember correctly from here a few months ago, I read that the microphone is situated on the left hand side. Can anyone confirm this and can it be improved?
G'day rossy.

Yeah I know what you mean. I paid a whack for bluetooth in the GT3 - can hardly use it though, too much bloody road noise for me.

·
Registered
198 Posts
yep, bloody crap, a little o.k when stationary but as you hit the high speeds on the M way forget about it, the missus is always hanging up on me as she cant hear me at all. Im sure it will be useless when i or you have a downpipe fitted.

·
Registered
968 Posts
yep, bloody crap, a little o.k when stationary but as you hit the high speeds on the M way forget about it, the missus is always hanging up on me as she cant hear me at all. Im sure it will be useless when i or you have a downpipe fitted.
Confirm!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello Cem :smokin:

Is yours a standard Porsche one? If so, not good! I've never had any problems with the BMW ones, ever.
It's not just road noise the Nissans suffer with, people just cannot hear what you are saying properly and are always talking over me due to this.

E5 - If it was just the wife doing it I could understand the problem, but everyone says I sound like I'm in a dustbin with the lid on top :chuckle:

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
No issues for me - although saying that i've only made a few calls. Will test out when i get my car back and if required move/replace the microphone when getting the audio upgraded.

But i do like the fact that i don't have to sync my contacts to the car and the name of the person calling comes up on the screen :)

·
Registered
300 Posts
Someone called me when i was on the nurburgring F1 circuit....Fun moment to have bluthingy ringing when you drive 140Mph surounded by GT3 and scuderias

·
Premium Member
1,083 Posts
All good here....Have you got your phone car profile set up correctly and is the phone on the compatibility list?

Cheers

Paul

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
All good here....Have you got your phone car profile set up correctly and is the phone on the compatibility list?

Cheers

Paul
When you say "all good", I can hear them perfectly, they struggle to hear me sometimes. I've got an iPhone, I can see all my contacts and when bored and want to be amused, I can listen to the computer read the names in my contacts list. Have you tried that, funny as ****!:chuckle:

What options are there in the profile list that I could have missed?

·
Registered
4,906 Posts

Cheers

Paul
fine here too, with my previous Iphone classic and my new 3GS, although it sometimes drops connection.... which may mean phone location is a factor

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
fine here too, with my previous Iphone classic and my new 3GS, although it sometimes drops connection.... which may mean phone location is a factor
I get this with my N86 (no issues with N95) and BMW, and sometimes with the GTR. Although not as bad.

What i did was switch off the blackberry style email i had set up on my phone as i think the 3G connections to download email was causing an issue.

I haven't had enough time to investigate in full. But that was one thing that i did that seemed to make a difference.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts