GTR Forum banner

Bluetooth in GT-R, it's crap!

3K views 35 replies 17 participants last post by  sumo69 
#1 ·
It is absolute pants in my Navara, and now I find everyone tells me it is exactly the same in my GT-R. I can hear them perfectly OK, but they struggle to hear me properly. I was using my wifes X5 today and straight away two people say it is nice and clear.

After reading various peoples comments on here saying it was good, I really am disappointed now. I spend a lot of time in my car and am always on the phone to people while driving, in traffic or waiting etc. If I remember correctly from here a few months ago, I read that the microphone is situated on the left hand side. Can anyone confirm this and can it be improved?

#7 ·
Hello Cem :smokin:

Is yours a standard Porsche one? If so, not good! I've never had any problems with the BMW ones, ever.
It's not just road noise the Nissans suffer with, people just cannot hear what you are saying properly and are always talking over me due to this.

E5 - If it was just the wife doing it I could understand the problem, but everyone says I sound like I'm in a dustbin with the lid on top :chuckle:

#9 · (Edited)
No issues for me - although saying that i've only made a few calls. Will test out when i get my car back and if required move/replace the microphone when getting the audio upgraded.

But i do like the fact that i don't have to sync my contacts to the car and the name of the person calling comes up on the screen :)

#15 ·
When you say "all good", I can hear them perfectly, they struggle to hear me sometimes. I've got an iPhone, I can see all my contacts and when bored and want to be amused, I can listen to the computer read the names in my contacts list. Have you tried that, funny as ****!:chuckle:

What options are there in the profile list that I could have missed?

#22 ·
I completely agree that mic placement might be the issue, but I was referring to people who said it might be a setting or phone placement.

The hole for the mic on my car is on the right hand side which is correct. Of course whether the mic is actually placed behind it is another matter.

Is there a decent mic we could replace it with?

#25 ·
I picked up my car 3 weeks ago and the bluetooth is brilliant. Admittedly it wouldn't sync my Nokia e71, but I changed the sim to my old Nokia e61 and it works amazingly, easy the best I've tried. The calls are clear and people on the other end tell me its the same their end. I wait to catch up on business calls until Im in the car. Id suggest you all get the dealer to look at your systems??

#26 ·
When you say sync? Do you mean your contacts? If you have a Nav car there is no need to sync you contacts (i don't know about non-Nav). When the car connects to your phone it uses the phones memory for contacts etc. I've not copied any contacts over.

I also have had no reported problems from people at the other end, but turned up my out-going volume last night (first time i've spent 10mins in the car no driving it) just in case.

#28 ·
To be honest this problem exists on BMW's too. Nokia in their wisdom have implemented a different protocol for the Address Book from what i've read (mostly on e90post). I'm guessing it is because they want to push Ovi as a way of syncing contacts and thus it's proprietary rather than sticking to the PABP protocol standard which they actually own as part of Symbian.

#29 ·
I have a nav car and I thought the phone sync'd with the car when I got in. It takes a few seconds and then everyone of my contacts comes up on the nav screen. Anyway, the voice recognition works (Ive a great story about a friend of mine from Wigan who bought a discovery 3. He took it back as the voice recognition didn't work. A sheepish technician came out after testing the system and informed him it was his broad Wigan accent that was the problem and not the car!) and the the phone system is crystal clear. I think the nav and bluetooth phone system is the best toy in the car. well worth the wait. It makes the car for me.

#30 ·
It's not syncing. It's just reading the contacts off your phone. :D

You can train the Voice Recognition in the R35 too, so you're mate would have been in a 35 ;)

I've not used the Voice Recognition with the car moving. But from the menus i've seen seems very comprehensive.
I'm sure there will be a 500+ word list of commands that comes with the new manual!! It's got that much going on!! :D

#31 ·
Non Sat Nav car
It worked, quality poor.
Now it "syncs" witht eh handset but I can't make a call unless I use the handset on speaker.

Once it has "synced" with the handset it won't "let go" even if i am no where near the car !!

I have to power the handset off and on again !!

BL**DY sh*t if you ask me

#34 ·
It's a Sony Ericsson W850i

No idea about firware or sortware levels, it works fine with bluetooth headset, but when i get in the GTR all hell breaks lose (or not as the case may be !)

#35 ·
I don't know anything about Sony's (i've had Nokia for past 10 years) but i'll have a look when i get a chance over the weekend to see what's what. Unless someone chimes in ;)

But i'd guess you install the software that came with the phone. (Nokia have PC Suite) Connect phone to your computer. Back up phone. And then update phone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.