GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a £75k car (MY12) I cannot believe how pathetic the bluetooth telephone system is. The car is incredible in nearly every other way but what the hell were Nissan playing at with the bluetooth? It has so much other technology that is cutting edge which makes it even more of a mockery.

Are there any options to sort it? I'm guessing under warranty Nissan won't be able to do anything? I commute to work 6-7 miles and tend to get the odd phonecall on the way to work and then sometimes on the way home as well. Every single person calling has said they can literally hear nothing at my end.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I had the same problem. Make sure you have set the volume for talking mid way and not full volume. Mine was set at full volume for talking and nobody could hear me. Turned down to half way and I have had no more complaints.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
808 Posts
For a £75k car (MY12) I cannot believe how pathetic the bluetooth telephone system is. The car is incredible in nearly every other way but what the hell were Nissan playing at with the bluetooth? It has so much other technology that is cutting edge which makes it even more of a mockery.

Are there any options to sort it? I'm guessing under warranty Nissan won't be able to do anything? I commute to work 6-7 miles and tend to get the odd phonecall on the way to work and then sometimes on the way home as well. Every single person calling has said they can literally hear nothing at my end.
Isn't there also some issue with Nissan putting the microphone on the wrong side and a fix for that?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had the same problem. Make sure you have set the volume for talking mid way and not full volume. Mine was set at full volume for talking and nobody could hear me. Turned down to half way and I have had no more complaints.

Good Luck.
Is that phone incoming volume or outgoing volume? The volume bar for outgoing is a lot smaller than volume for for incoming?

·
Registered
55 Posts
It is the outgoing volume and make sure it is about halfway on its own scale.

It is smaller than the incoming scale, correct, but just ignore that and make sure it is half way on its own (outgoing) scale.

·
Registered
941 Posts
To make it worse, my phone won't even connect to it. I've tried my old iPhone 4 and yes that works but it's still no where near as slick as the blue tooth on my wifes Juke!

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
I haven't bothered with the BT since the first day I got the car, tried it and no one could hear me so just left it

·
Registered
55 Posts
Nexus 4 user here and transfers contacts one by one without issue. Tend to just use the phone-book in the phone to be honest though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
A teacher, or the prison, more and more ares are considering the legal use of cell phone jammer, it has been a necessity of our daily life, I have got one from jammerall.com for my family. so if you want to get one, you can go and visit it for more details. share with you!

·
Registered
941 Posts
My nexus 4 won't connect to my 2010 gtr :(
Just to update myself. After last nights update to Android 4.3 the Nexus connects absolutely fine?!? Can access all the phone book and stream music via bluetooth. To confirm, you can't navigate through your music via bluetooth, only skip forward and back on tracks.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts