GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some may know I got my first GTR last weekend (MY09 Litchfield 650).

I took it to Blyton Park yesterday to get a better feel for what the car can do.
Luckily the weather held and it was crisp n dry, this was especially handy as the roads have been wet every day I've driven it.

In the morning the track was still damp and having never done a track day before I left all settings in std. I'm glad of the traction control!!! As things dried I finished with full power and all setting in 'R'.....................

WHAT A CAR, AMAZING :clap::clap::clap:
So predictable I was able to get a few nice drifts upon exits, not the fastest way I know but soo much fun :):)

Next time it needs to be a slightly bigger track (I only reached around 130 along the back straight before the chicane) and I need to bring some fuel................. !!!

Top day and well organised by Javelin.

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had to short shift past the sound check area as mine has cats removed, boy did she howl on the back staight by the armco :)

·
Registered
269 Posts
I've got all cats removed too. Thought I'd have a problem, but there was a Clio there what was stupid loud and he never even got blinked at. Seems like they're fairly relaxed on noise levels

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Depends when you were last there, mine should be about the same as yours, I was loudest there and only one pulled. They may have tightened up a little. I tested mine at 104db static.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I was last there mid July. Maybe a few people have been complaining and they are pulling people in more then. Mine was certainly not the loudest there. I've gone for a new exhaust with a resonated y pipe since, so should be safe the next time I go

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know if mine is resonated or not (it was Max Kirks car) but I'm sure glad he put plenty of dynomat in. but at around 2.5K rpm (80ish mph) the exhaust noise goes much quieter, great for motrway driving.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Sounds similar to my old exhaust. Was loud until you got to 80ish, then it was quite silent inside the car. Just meant if you wanted to sit at 70, you had to have the radio on to try drown it out. Luckily, the only motorway miles I did was to SVM or Middlehurst

1 - 8 of 8 Posts