GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone,

I recieved the new issue of the BMW club newsletter and they have this 3 day event thing coming up on June 21st Kicking off with an evening on track at Bedford autodrome.
The other events are a day at Santa Pod,and some sort of treasure hunt. but Bedford looks good.

This is the longest day of the year and the track opens at 5:00 pm until dusk which should be nearly 10:00pm and all for £35 notes.

Anyone else up for this ?

advantage being no 5 hour drive home because the traffic on the m1 should have dropped off by that time of night. And you can get away with not having a day off work.

hope to see you there....

/Steve

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Steve,

Don't forget the mega BBQ for £12! Are you sure that it's OK for non BMs to attend? I seem to recall that the day at Santa Pod was for BMs only....

Peter.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Count me in...

I should be up for it as I'm a BMW member from the last Bedford day. Pity I couldn't attend then, but I look forward to making up for lost time.

Rupert

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll phone the club after 10 today and find out if we can take our cars, I don't think the trackday will be a problem as there were porkers there last time.

If the worst comes to the worst we could re-badge the cars BMW M-GTR !!

I'll post in an hour or so with the good/bad news..

/Steve

·
Registered
492 Posts
Not around...

I'm not going to be here unfortunately. I'm nipping off for a little jaunt around the planet, getting back on May 5th.

Earliest I can realistically make a track day is early June.

Regards,

Rupert

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's on,

BMW car club stated, "you can bring any car "

So Rupert, Peter E and Me so far any more takers ??

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Hah hah

I hope my driving has improved a little . Also I'm gonna take it even more easy this time.........:p

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
could be a time trial between godzilla and godzuki coming on here !!

are the skyline bigfoot plans underway then Paul ?

the worlds first skyline monster car complete with 5 foot diameter wheels.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Where do I sign up??

sounds like excelent value for money!!

Plus a good opportunity to go up against ze germans.

Just tell me where to sign.

:smokin:

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
in order to attend you need to join the BMW owners club, if you are not already a member.

this costs 35 quid for a year. A few people joined for the last day at bedford which was a blinder...

they can be contacted on 01225 709009.

There was a good mix of people there last time and they seemed like a good crowd. Except for Wroestars' mate in the porker RS !!

even with joining fees, Bedford for 35 + 35 to join is a good price as long as the night doesn't come too early.

/Steve

·
Registered
997 Posts
Time to resurrect this Thread.

Time and places are running out,if you are going then BOOK NOW.

To re-cap;BMW mid summer night track evening at Bedford Friday the 21st June plus BBQ.5pm-10pm

Saturday the 22nd BMW Santa Pod Shoot Out Challenge,which I`m going to win;) with my little old BMW GT-R:D

You have to JOIN the BMW Club,you can`t just turn up ,these are limited space Events.

See Ya There.
Henry:)

·
Registered
327 Posts
As of to day there are only 19 places left on Bedford

So if you want to go Call the BMW People on Tel 01225 709009.

and give my name for the booking and they will give you first class treatment!

Costs, join BMW Club £35 Afternoon at Bedford £35 and BBQ £12

They will be driving till Dusk Can't think of a Better way to spend the longest day of the year!

the BMW club mag is out this week so Booking now is a must! it will be full by the end of the week!

Bruce

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Bruce,

Do us all a favour and help Jamie find his bottle.... ;)

Peter.

BTW, DO NOT mention Bruce's name if you're joining the BMW Car Club, mention mine so that I get the £5.00 voucher for introducing new members! :)

1 - 20 of 68 Posts