GTR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

May buy a R32 GT-R BNR32 and since we haven't feedback on it in France,

I would like to ask what to take care before buying?

Common weak points?

OEM parts easily foundable on web?

The car I found had a BNR34 engine? is that a problem?

Thanks

Sorry if subject has been already discussed but ain't find something about it.

Thanks

Best Regards

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
OEM parts easily foundable on web?
Yes, nissan japan still stocks a great majority of oem parts, as well as aftermarket parts are available.
Just look in this board's classifieds to get a scope of how much is available :)

The car I found had a BNR34 engine? is that a problem?

No, just means you got a latter model engine (newer/lower mileage), stock for stock it is a more refined engine than the 32, but is still 95% the same.

Common weak points?
Most due to old age.
Worn interior, worn suspension etc
Rust in rear lower 1/4 panel

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Since we haven't GTrs in France and considering that registering is very expensive it's seems to be a good price, it's lower that the price advertised

·
Registered
386 Posts
Must surely be a better way of getting a good car for less.
That's very steep.
Have a chat with Newera.:thumbsup:

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,203 Posts
Since we haven't GTrs in France and considering that registering is very expensive it's seems to be a good price, it's lower that the price advertised
Don't know about registering cars in France but wouldn't a car which was already registered in the UK be possible - EU and all that.

To my eye the linked car is €5k too high. That's a lot of spare cash to spend registering the car...

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
linked car has a uk plate, can you not just find one over here (more selection), through a reputable company and ship over/collect. does seem a nice car though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Car is not in uk plate anymore, company that is selling the car had registered it in france.

The main problem of GTRs is that we have to register it like a car that haven't been never sold so we have to pass some very expensive test like a constructor have to be with keeping in mind that paying is not assuring you to get the registering !!

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
fair enough, but if you have to go through all of that to get a registered car from uk could you not just get one straight from japan and go through the same process?
a reputable company would assist in shipping to you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes process is the same on an already uk registered car or japanese one.

Not sure that a Uk based company will do the process and import french company rise the price by almost 8000€ to do the job....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts