GTR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I just ordered some 2530's for the R and need to know what all I would need to run them. So far I've got a 276l/h Apexi pump, 555cc inj. and I'm guessing only thing else would be AFM's? Which ones should I use though? RB25's or Z32's?

Will I be ok to keep using the stock intake and IC pipes?

Also if I can't budget a tune immediately after the install is it possible to chip the ECU with a 550cc rom and drive for a little while until I could save the money?

I'd like to get as close to 500hp as possible.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
2530s are good for over 600bhp, and the stock FMIC is definitely good up to that point. You might have problems with IC hoses popping off, or not - I guess it depends on the hoses and your luck. I don't think 80mm AFMs are mandatory to support 2530s, but you'll have to upgrade to them at some point. Is there a difference between an RB25 or Z32? I thought they were the same Nissan part.

I don't know about the chipping, but you must have your ecu set for the injectors that you're using, no matter what boost you're running.

But the most important thing is, where's your boost control?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, I wasn't sure if they were the same AFM's or not. I do have an HKS hard pipe kit but I'm still using the stock "twin turbo" pipe.

Currently I'm using a trust manual BC jobby but I've got an SBC on the way as well.

Clutch has been upgraded also.

I prob. won't chip it though honestly I was just thinking of it as a possibility.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
oh, that stock "twin turbo" pipe is just fine, changing it is mostly cosmetic, if anything. The only pipes you need to worry about, or need to go to hard pipes, are the four pipes (two in, two out) connected to the intercooler. As long as you have some control over boost it doesn't really matter *how* it's done. But isn't using the stock ECU at this stage kinda crazy? Wouldn't you want to put in a Power FC or at least a piggyback fuel controller to remap for the much larger air/fuel ratios that you will be pushing through your engines? At the very least, your car needs to know that your injectors are pushing 25% more fuel with every pulse, and needs to remap accordingly.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh, that stock "twin turbo" pipe is just fine, changing it is mostly cosmetic, if anything. The only pipes you need to worry about, or need to go to hard pipes, are the four pipes (two in, two out) connected to the intercooler. As long as you have some control over boost it doesn't really matter *how* it's done. But isn't using the stock ECU at this stage kinda crazy? Wouldn't you want to put in a Power FC or at least a piggyback fuel controller to remap for the much larger air/fuel ratios that you will be pushing through your engines? At the very least, your car needs to know that your injectors are pushing 25% more fuel with every pulse, and needs to remap accordingly.

Ok good then I guess I'm covered as far as the IC piping goes.

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I do have a PFC as well, I was just thinking perhaps getting away with a shady chip tune for a couple of weeks with the stock ECU before I took it to get mapped with the PFC.

Any other fueling things I need to adress other than the pump or injectors? Would I need an uprated regulator or rail or anthing?

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Hard pipe kit = good idea
Injectors = 680cc mininium. (You can use 600, but you will run out of injectors, more won't hurt)

You have fuel pump and ECU sorted. Basically your exhaust side should be sorted out (HKS Turbo Elbow, downpipe and exhaust).

Also, you will need Z32 AFM... You can get away with 2 RB25 one maybe, but why when it is almost the same price as 2 Z32 one.

Oh, while you are at it. A set of stage one CAM (HKS or Tomei 260 deg in/ex) will do you alot of good.

Best of luck

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, I'll look into some bigger injectors then. Seems there are a lot of 720's floating around.

I've got a 70cm to 80cm front pipe and decat 80cm all the way back so I should be good there. Also the tubs came with split dumps as well.

I'll definately get some Z32's then, I just wasn't aware of the differences. I don't want to buy the same part twice.

Cams will be in the future hopefully sooner than later but I can't swing the funds for them right now.

Thanks for the ideas guys.

·
Registered
26 Posts
the Z32 and RB25 AFM are the same diameter but the output voltage is totaly different giving the Z32 far more metered airflow potential before maxing out. definatley use the Z32 over the direct replacement nismo or mines units as the Z32 has more potential and its easier to tune especialy if you have a power fc.

and the 720cc injectors should slot straight in to the factory rail

·
Registered
597 Posts
The big advantage to the rb25 afms is they will plug right in to your current harness. The z32's will not..
Not that bad really, the apexi ind. kit comes with z32 plugs, just cut the wires and resolder.

else you can pick them up for about £8 in japan.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah I'm not worried about changing the plugs, it's only like 4 wires right? There is a kit i'm looking at that has a small reducer plate for the AFM's so they can clamp to the stock intake tubes, and it also comes with the AFM harnesses. I will be saving more for the full hard pipe and induction kit in the future, I just cant swing the funds right now.

Never really though about this before but does the RB use a 3 bar MAP sensor as standard (up to 2 bar boost)?

Thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.