GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 325 Posts

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello (again),

After 18 years waiting, and a false start last year. I have purchased an R32 GTR. Excited is not the word! :runaway:

I looked at around 50 cars I think, but in the end chose this because:

• Its Clean
    Rust Free
    Affordable
    Decent Quality parts recently fitted
    Good blank-ish canvas
General plans are to tidy it up, revert to standard looks. Get it going as well as possible, keep it forever. :):bowdown1:

It should arrive at the end of May:

·
Registered
261 Posts
Congrats on the purchase, when are you expecting it to arrive ? The wait is a killer not going to lie :p

Did you source it through HJA ? Just asking because it looks like the same place the pictures for my car was taken.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Congrats bud, nice choice, be interesting to see what you do with it and I would take one last look at your bank balance, because it's probably never going to look the same again. I'm really pleased for you, as they say, good things come to those who wait.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the kind words.

The wait is starting to get to me now, time has stopped. Not that I can afford to drive it after splashing on some big AP Racing Brakes that came up in the for sale section.....:runaway: also purchased some R34 rear's to match. They need a refurb but I will keep this thread updated.

General plans without having seen or driven the car are:

Clean, register and MOT inc fog light etc.

Fit Standard Coil Cover
Fit Standard Rear Wing
Fit More suitable steering wheel and (gear) knob
Paint Strut Brace
Fit Proper Brakes
Paint and fit HKS Kansai cage. :popcorn:

Other items, like checking the car over and giving it a full and correct service are a given. That said I have really stretched myself to purchase the car in the first place, so only items that are required will be done, it is not my thing to lavish (read waste) cash on parts or fluids that are spurious. However I have no issue spending money where it is required, assuming I have it lol.:eek:

Sadly my welsh friends point about me not fitting into that seat might come to fruition. However we will cross that bridge when we come to it....:runaway:

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congratulations, Ozz is a top man to deal with, same location as as mine, although mine doesn't look like this any more doh.

Drive carefully :)
Yeah he is a nice chap.

Shame you bent that, what a beauty. I LOVE BBS LMs. I mean Love.:GrowUp::bowdown1::bowdown1:

·
Registered
293 Posts
Yeah he is a nice chap.

Shame you bent that, what a beauty. I LOVE BBS LMs. I mean Love.:GrowUp::bowdown1::bowdown1:
I still have sleepless nights thinking about it ***128546; but she's at Zealou5 now being fully repaired and made even better:chuckle:

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Picked up a nice cage last night from a GTROC member. :bowdown1:

Like this one:

HKS Kansai, which will go in really nicely whilst keeping the car useable. I usually go for a "ClubSport" type feel to my cars, eg friendly and quiet enough to be used on the road, but also capable on the track.

I find this is the most challenging balance to get with cars, but for me the most enjoyable.

Is it here yet?:runaway:

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I really hope there are no delays like my one had, it hurts :(

There are only so many times you can sit & stare at the photos of it am I right :p
That is true. But I am getting to geeky levels of inspection on the photos. Like I have noticed it has a new alternator, and the ABS appears to have been removed.

Plus one of the tyres is a bit worn on the inside edge....:GrowUp:

1 - 20 of 325 Posts