GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do I begin from ????

Ps if there's anything I haven't done or doing wrong do redirect me as I have never done anything like this before !!!!!

Right firstly I would like say that work is in progress so it will be updated pay as go and a lot of pictures have been disappeared thanks to apple and iTunes (well kind of my fault for not backing if up )

***128077;

Long story short a friend of friend had phoned me one evening say " your looking for GTR shell I have one "

Here it is

I was told the shell is good apart from little rust from the arches (my ass) any way got the home and in the garage !!!!

So I began by taking everything out of engine bay and give it a good clean with brake clean then some thinners this was the finished result

Everything out !!!

All/Any comments welcome

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update ......

Cleaned the engine with gunk and the thinners with loads of my partners Brillo pads

Only got one good thing to say about the car is the struts are solid !!!! Got the engine bay out of the it was time to go under it now !!!

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks like a long project mate, will make you fall in love with your car once it is done I promise you that :)
Subscribed.
Wish you the best of luck!!!

Thanks !!!! I hope it does the amount of time and effort iv put in so far

Nice work there best of luck with the project!

I'll be in touch soon. Need some of the heat wrap of you soon !!!!!

·
Registered
861 Posts
Looks to be a good build... Just hope it all goes to plan mate :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Great work, who did you buy the shell from was it someone on here?

You need to further degrease everything then wash it wish hot soapy water, remove all the old seam sealant and apply new!

Look forward to more updates on this as I love bare shell build ups

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Great work, who did you buy the shell from was it someone on here?

You need to further degrease everything then wash it wish hot soapy water, remove all the old seam sealant and apply new!

Look forward to more updates on this as I love bare shell build ups

I bought of a a guy that's kind of local few miles away !!!!

That's its man taking the old seam seal of and will be brushing think layers of more sealer !!!! Long way to go yet

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
my old car my missus loved this car, glwtb, as for good shell my ass comment, im not quite sure what you expected for £600 completely mint I assume ! lol

for a 23 year old car that's been used and driven and not mothballed and restored I thought it was in good condition and certainly priced very well.

either way im glad its getting some love and looks like it will be coming back to life better than ever, great cars you will love it when its done :cool:

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
my old car my missus loved this car, glwtb, as for good shell my ass comment, im not quite sure what you expected for £600 completely mint I assume ! lol

for a 23 year old car that's been used and driven and not mothballed and restored I thought it was in good condition and certainly priced very well.

either way im glad its getting some love and looks like it will be coming back to life better than ever, great cars you will love it when its done :cool:

It's not about (£600) I bought it if a lad called Carl for £800

Yes it's 23 years old I'm not a total dum ass !!!

I don't care how much the shell was or anything the issue is the kindof work that was done worse then a cowboy job ( well that's what happens when " no need it only cost £30 just to tidy it up, this isnt for show its for driveing :) )

No hard feelings yea

But anyway it's in good hands now getting proper job done !!!!

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Great to see this one being saved too bud!
:thumbsup:
bob

·
Vendor
12,681 Posts
good luck with the project. That shell isnt bad, check out our facebook page for some of our customers restoration jobs and you will see "bad"

1 - 20 of 28 Posts