GTR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any room to upgrade with the 16"?

Havent seen it yet irl on the gtr but with my gts there allready was almost no room to upgrade.

So can imagine no BB kit will fit but from a nother nissan maybe?

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Can't see why you would want to upgrade yet keep the 16" wheels??? Just going to 17" there is plenty you can upgrade to, R33/34 brembo's, 330mm kit or 343mm, you can even squeeze 355mm with certain wheels.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Think I will be spending on other things first then eventualy get the perfect set off wheels (expensive).
16X8J with the right tires isnt that bad.

Would be nice tough if the braking could get improved.
But gues i cant do more behind the 16" than :SS lines ,Cillinderstopper ,Good pads , other disks "witch ones ,size?"?

·
Registered
834 Posts
you might be able to get something like a 305mm brake kit from DB power. It might just go under. My gts-4 appears to have about 1" clearance and the gts-4 brakes are only about 6mm smaller diameter than gt-r ones. Might be worth asking db power what they think?

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Mine are still the normal GTR spec brakes with better discs, pads, SS lines, and cylinder stopper and it is ok. The BMC stopper is the best bang for buck for the braking system IMHO.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Think it has the normal not the v-spec brembo's so maybe that would be a upgrade at least the callipers if not to big and then maybe upgrade the disks a litle if room left.

·
Registered
99 Posts
The v-spec (324mm) discs and callipers won't fit under r32 gtr 16" wheels. 17's needed minimum, thats why nissan went to the BBS rims. Can't go callipers only as they won't sit on the stock 296mm disc, will be too far out..

I have stock 32 gtr brakes on my car, good if serviced. I bought a set of 324mm discs and dogbones and couldn't fit them under the 17" rims that I have, so even at that size you have to be careful, though with gtr offset rims you will probably have a lot better clearance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts