GTR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all out there out,

the forum is great, I am just starting to use it more actively and I am sure I will be even more as time here passes.

Here a short question regarding the original weight distribution of the GTR32.
How is weight distributed along the lenght of the car?
How much percent on the front, how much on the rear?
There is no internal collector fitted in the Fuel Cell, will I need to install a Fuel Surge Tank?

Please take the instance, you are to build a race car/circuit car based on the GTR32 and can have to choose where to fit fuel tank, radiator, oilcoolers, catch tanks, and similar parts that do not necessarily have to be in the engine bay. This way the weight ratio of the car can be alterd. What what you suggest?

The current state or plan is as followed:

Boot has been cut out, and custom frame for ATL 80l Fuel Cell has been installed. Fuel Cell will be dropped so that 10cm are above original boot level. Around the frame is a big whole so custom covers are being made. I need to design it according to needs and the level of installs in the boot.
In the engine bay there is a rather big radiator that could be fitted in the boot and air-ramed from either the side of the rear fender of scoops in the rear screen. Also there is a oil catch tank, power steering cooler, front diff cooler, transmission cooler, rear diff cooler that can be boot mounted. I see that the given space is not too big, especially with the radiator installed.

I was just wondering what you are thinking, and your advice to this matter.

Best wishes to you all and a happy new year

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Not sure about the R32 (but would think it is similar), but from memory the R33's weight is 57% over the front wheels (ie Very nose heavy).
And thats a standard car, fit bigger brakes intercoolers, turbo's, oil coolers, etc in the normal places, and it gets worse.

Any weight you can shift to the back will be a big benefit, as long as moving the weight rearwards doesn't add significantly to the overall weight.

I have seen pics of an R32 with a rear mounted radiator, I think the pics were on this forum somewhere.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here are some pictures giving an idea of what I mean:

JGTC Skyline GTR34

Saurus Time Attack/Drag GTR32 It has a boot mounted radiator and most of the catch tanks and unnecessary parts removed from the engine bay.

Here a shot through the boot from underneath my car

Other examples of boot mounted radiator GTR32 are Garage Saurus, Attkd, I guess that's all I remember.

Take care :thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts