GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried the autoglym headlight kit which is pretty good and my mates body shop fixed them even better but I’m still not 100% happy with them, has anybody tried the BEHRMAN HEADLIGHT REPAIR LENS KIT - R34.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Yes, I have them on my 34, it's a mither getting the lights out, scary taking them apart, the new lens only came with enough gasket to do one light!! So I had to use something else to seal them together, I get condensation in them now, which I didnt get before, but they look like new lights once done, apart from the condensation

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Yes, I have them on my 34, it's a mither getting the lights out, scary taking them apart, the new lens only came with enough gasket to do one light!! So I had to use something else to seal them together, I get condensation in them now, which I didnt get before, but they look like new lights once done, apart from the condensation
Thought about doing this many times but you have mentioned the reason why I haven’t.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It’s was going great until you said you get condensation in the lights that put me right off, I might try a different kit but I can’t remember the name of it. Do you think if they were sealed again would it stop the condensation?

·
Registered
916 Posts
My car is kept in a dehumidified and centrally heated garage, so it maybe getting condensation because of the big difference once it goes out, it's very annoying and spoils what I was trying to do in the first place, in my garage they look amazing:)

·
Registered
83 Posts
I tried the autoglym headlight kit which is pretty good and my mates body shop fixed them even better but I’m still not 100% happy with them, has anybody tried the BEHRMAN HEADLIGHT REPAIR LENS KIT - R34.
If the kit doesn't include actual wet/dry sandpaper, it wont work. A quick youtube search will show you many examples of GTR headlights being restored and all of them use sanding.

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
I used the Meguiars kit on my R33 gtr, comes with a wet & dry pad and a wool polishing mop for the polishing compound. I didn't need to use the wet & dry pad, pictures are on page 7 or 8 of my build thread.

I did also buy the Berhman / Wise Square lenses, amazing quality. I believe mine came with two lots of putty, but I haven't fitted them yet. My lights came up well enough that I'll save them for now! :) I had enough old sealant on my passenger side that it came apart and went back together with no issues (I had to fix the headlight adjuster). You'll need to bake the lights at 40-50 degrees for about 5-6 minutes, not hot enough to damage them but hot enough to make the sealant tacky enough to gently prize apart. It isn't hard to do, alternatively a sealed cardboard box with a hairdryer and temperature probe will do it if your oven isn't big enough. :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts