GTR Forum banner

BNR34 rear spoiler blade colour

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  tonigmr2 
#1 ·
as per title, does anyone know the paint code for the grey blade on rear spoiler?

#3 ·
The BNR34's spoiler blades weren't painted.
The standard was a black carbon fibre blade AFAIK.
That is definitely not correct.
The standard BNR34 rear spoiler blade was aluminum und had a dark silverish paint.
I have two OEM blades at the moment and I have seen several in person, that are all exactly the same.

Doesn't mean Nissan didn't sell carbon blades, but they were not standard on these cars.

#5 ·
Er, respectfully - all factory spoiler blades for the BNR34 factory fitted rear wing were dry carbon fibre (so black) UNLESS they were the versions fitted to the Midnight Purple cars which were a single piece of milled aluminium which was done specifically for those colours.
You can see the standard dry carbon fibre (black) unit in the image found on the Wiki page:

And further information about it can be found in: Nissan GT-R Supercar: Born To Race by Dennis Gorodji.

Hence why most pictures you'll find online of BNR34's have a black rear spoiler blade - they haven't been changed, they came that way from factory :)
I normally bow to your superior knowledge Matty but you're mistaken on this issue matey!

#7 ·
Ok my apologies there - my one blank of knowledge was whether the factory versions were CF.
So, I guess that from factory it was black painted aluminium (unless a CF one was specified) MNP were silver aluminium and Nismo/fancy aftermarket were CF.

Sound good? ;)

#9 ·
The standard blade is totally a dull aluminium colour. Carbon fibre is definitely after market. I've seen my fair share of R34s and that is what they are, whatever the specification (GTR, V-spec, V-spec II, Nur, every one) regardless of colour.

Reactions: Mot
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.