GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as per title, does anyone know the paint code for the grey blade on rear spoiler?

·
Registered
188 Posts
The BNR34's spoiler blades weren't painted.
The standard was a black carbon fibre blade AFAIK.
The midnight purple variants had an aluminum one that was/is not painted (i have one)

Hope this helps?

·
Registered
51 Posts
The BNR34's spoiler blades weren't painted.
The standard was a black carbon fibre blade AFAIK.
That is definitely not correct.
The standard BNR34 rear spoiler blade was aluminum und had a dark silverish paint.
I have two OEM blades at the moment and I have seen several in person, that are all exactly the same.

Doesn't mean Nissan didn't sell carbon blades, but they were not standard on these cars.

·
Registered
25,244 Posts
They were all silver, no carbon version was made available from the factory.

number of suppliers do this blade (or did) Mine's , Nismo etc

·
Registered
188 Posts
Er, respectfully - all factory spoiler blades for the BNR34 factory fitted rear wing were dry carbon fibre (so black) UNLESS they were the versions fitted to the Midnight Purple cars which were a single piece of milled aluminium which was done specifically for those colours.
You can see the standard dry carbon fibre (black) unit in the image found on the Wiki page:

And further information about it can be found in: Nissan GT-R Supercar: Born To Race by Dennis Gorodji.

Hence why most pictures you'll find online of BNR34's have a black rear spoiler blade - they haven't been changed, they came that way from factory :)
I normally bow to your superior knowledge Matty but you're mistaken on this issue matey!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Er, respectfully - all factory spoiler blades for the BNR34 factory fitted rear wing were dry carbon fibre (so black) UNLESS they were the versions fitted to the Midnight Purple cars which were a single piece of milled aluminium which was done specifically for those colours.
You can see the standard dry carbon fibre (black) unit in the image found on the Wiki page:

And further information about it can be found in: Nissan GT-R Supercar: Born To Race by Dennis Gorodji.

Hence why most pictures you'll find online of BNR34's have a black rear spoiler blade - they haven't been changed, they came that way from factory :)
I normally bow to your superior knowledge Matty but you're mistaken on this issue matey!
mine is a series 1 and it has painted aluminum blade . its chipped so i want to have it resprayed

·
Registered
188 Posts
Ok my apologies there - my one blank of knowledge was whether the factory versions were CF.
So, I guess that from factory it was black painted aluminium (unless a CF one was specified) MNP were silver aluminium and Nismo/fancy aftermarket were CF.

Sound good? ;)

·
Registered
51 Posts
mine is a series 1 and it has painted aluminum blade . its chipped so i want to have it resprayed
Yeah, both of mine are chipped too. That's why I found this thread - looking for a color code on the silver/grey.

So, I guess that from factory it was black painted aluminium (unless a CF one was specified) MNP were silver aluminium and Nismo/fancy aftermarket were CF.

Sound good? ;)
Nah ;-)

So we debunked the carbon fibre thing already.

Regarding the blade being black - just do a google image search for OEM BNR34 rear wing and you'll find plenty of dark silver/grey blades.
The image of the BNR34 on wikipedia is a slight bit misleading, because of the resolution and the angle.

·
Super Moderator
15,657 Posts
The standard blade is totally a dull aluminium colour. Carbon fibre is definitely after market. I've seen my fair share of R34s and that is what they are, whatever the specification (GTR, V-spec, V-spec II, Nur, every one) regardless of colour.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts