GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
R34 GTR Vspec in Bayside Blue
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone interested in a BNR34 Vspec II carbon bonnet?

I am after a Vspec II bonnet a while but seeing the prices nowadays they are up to 6k-7k and more.
And that's for a used bonnet.

Anyway what is the idea behind this thread?

• I want to give the oppertunity to order a bonnet that is spec-wise the same as the OEM bonnet.
  • Quality the same as OEM or better
  • It should be much more affordable

I know a company in Germany called MT-Carbon who are already doing the z-tune (r-tune) bonnet.
Surprised about the quality as it is spot on (same as nismo).
They are also doing the fenders and front.

Here you can see a picture of the bonnet they are doing.
Keep in mind that they also have the hood latches which are strenghtend so you don't need any additional aerocatches.

All the parts were formed out of original Nismo parts to really keep the quality standard.
Also different structures like forged carbon is possible.

Here is what the parts look when they are installed. As I said aerocatches are not mandatory. Front and fenders are as well from MT-Carbon.

But anyway back to the topic.

They haven't done the Vspec II bonnet yet. What they are needing is a Vspec II bonnet for casting the template.
As casting the template involves much work they need at least 5 people who are willing to purchase one.

So I am reaching out to you guys.

Q1: Does anyone have a bonnet for the casting process?
Q2: Who would like to order one?

Estimated cost per bonnet about 2000€. (May vary a bit)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello Toni,
thanks for the input. Yes I am fully aware of this company. But as you can see it is a bit pricey. With import taxes and shipping you are easily about 5100$ in the EU.
MT Carbon is just around the corner for me (lower Germany). And their work is spot on.

It would be interesting to get some people in for the order as we can offer a much more affordable bonnet.

·
Super Moderator
16,034 Posts
Have you got some close up pictures of their existing work and panel gaps?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you got some close up pictures of their existing work and panel gaps?
Yes. At least with the z-tune kit from them. Just for information - I normally hate replica parts like side skirts and replica spoilers and stuff like that. But now looking at their parts it is worth considering one.

This silver one has the full MT-Carbon Kit (bonnet, front, fenders). Imho it looks like the nismo kit:

And another one from a more famous user, bayside blue with a lot of forged carbon:

Mnp II with carbon:

·
Administrator
31,851 Posts
a million and one Carbon companies out there copying parts, why would these guys be able to do it better and cheaper than the rest?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
a million and one Carbon companies out there copying parts, why would these guys be able to do it better and cheaper than the rest?
They are not cheaper than the rest. Look at the price of a nismo bonnet (eg. Seibon, EP Racing, Nightracer...). Most of these Kits are manufactured in Asia. And you get a bonnet for a grand or less.
The MT-Carbon bonnet is at about 2k€. And it is made in Germany.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Jack can you ask them for a picture of the underside of their R Z-Tune Bonnet please, does it have rain drainage system like the original..??

·
Registered
422 Posts
Your question is answered here:
Says it has rain drainage and is a exact copy.
Theres pictures in there too.
Maybe Google translate can help you guys out reading the linked thread.

I'm not related in any way to MT-Carbon just to be clear. Never seen any of their products as far as I know. Just thought this may help someone.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Thanks David pics were unclear, want better pics if Jack can get some. If its OEM like then that would be of intrest to me & shame to our UK Imitators who don't copy things as they should... or maybe there being careful for not fully copying the products due to copyrighting etc how thoughful of the brits!! :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
108 Posts
May be interested but his website does not work and posts on the germany skyline forum are very old, they still in business? which is his website?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks David pics were unclear, want better pics if Jack can get some. If its OEM like then that would be of intrest to me & shame to our UK Imitators who don't copy things as they should... or maybe there being careful for not fully copying the products due to copyrighting etc how thoughful of the brits!! :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :ROFLMAO:
So I can totally understand the doubts here as I do not have a lot of posts in this forum.
Here is a link to their Facebook page: MT-Carbon

They seem a little inactive social media wise but the reason is basically they are flooded with work.

I will reach out to Tobias from MT-Carbon if he can make some detailed pictures of the rain drain if necessary. What I can say there were quite some discussions in the german skyline forum.
Maybe some follow-up questions get answered with this:

• Carbon (with or without clearcoat) as well as FRP is possible (FRP is of course much cheaper) --> fitment is equal
  • Carbon Trunk Lid is also available
  • Rain Drain cannot be purchased seperately as it is casted into the bonnet

@JuanluGTR Yes they are still in business, no worries on that.

By the way currently a Z-Tune bonnet-run is also going at the moment and I ordered a Z-Tune bonnet too ;-)

·
Registered
108 Posts
So I can totally understand the doubts here as I do not have a lot of posts in this forum.
Here is a link to their Facebook page: MT-Carbon

They seem a little inactive social media wise but the reason is basically they are flooded with work.

I will reach out to Tobias from MT-Carbon if he can make some detailed pictures of the rain drain if necessary. What I can say there were quite some discussions in the german skyline forum.
Maybe some follow-up questions get answered with this:

• Carbon (with or without clearcoat) as well as FRP is possible (FRP is of course much cheaper) --> fitment is equal
  • Carbon Trunk Lid is also available
  • Rain Drain cannot be purchased seperately as it is casted into the bonnet

@JuanluGTR Yes they are still in business, no worries on that.

By the way currently a Z-Tune bonnet-run is also going at the moment and I ordered a Z-Tune bonnet too ;-)
Parts looks good but his website MTcarbon doesn't have any information, any online shop, any pics, i think that such a business like that should have a good website with a good online shop, will email him too, thanks

·
Vendor
12,678 Posts
we have a strong interest.

Reactions: V-SpecII

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
WOW.... If DAVE GTRshop is interested you know this is something GOOD..!!! ;)

Funny how some traders were bashing me for my Z-Tune Bumper GB a few years back (not you Dave don't worry haha!!!).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
@davew @R34GTRvspec2nur Glad you guys are interested.
In Austria and Germany we already have several strong interested people too. So I am fully convinced that we can fulfill 5 orders or more.

At the moment I am searching for a Vspec II bonnet owner that is willing to lend me the bonnet. Procedure would be to send it directly to MT-Carbon.
So if anyone is willing to do that, please PM me as this would sped up the process a lot.

Of course I could organize a trailer and drive through Europe to collect the bonnet, but I want to avoid that at the moment as I cannot cross the border due to pandemic restrictions in Germany and Austria.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Fortunately this thread is not dead :cool:
I finally found a Vspec II Bonnet and I am currently just planning on when to pick it up as the covid-situation limits the transport a bit.
If everything turns out fine I can bring the bonnet in June to MT-Carbon so they can start the manufacturing process.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts