GTR Forum banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
R34 GTR Vspec in Bayside Blue
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Dan Knight has just put one of the Z Tune bonnets on his 34 if anybody follows him on Socials. Very good feedback from him
Yes I saw it on Facebook i think - If his car is silver with nismo stripes ;-)
When installing the z-tune hood, just be sure to install the OEM hood dampers to not have any gaps. Part Number --> 65829-24U00

The season starts for me in 2 Weeks, so I hope I can pick up the vspec II bonnet then ;-)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I am happy to announce that the production of the first Vspec II bonnet is finished :)
Big thanks to Tobias from MT-Carbon who is a master in his craftmanship. Even though he is clogged with work and has a very small business, I always got updates and information about the status of the bonnet. I can only recommend him.

So this is the first bonnet which will be installed on my car next week. With the rubber dampers mentioned in the previous post it should fit like OEM as it is an exact copy.

After trying the bonnet I will take it to the paintshop to paint it bayside blue :)
Pet supply Wood Floor Automotive exterior Flooring

As you can see the hood closing latch is also crafted into the bonnet. - No quick locks needed. Some countries require additional bonnet locks.

Grille Hood Wood Automotive exterior Bumper

I will keep this thread updated in the next few weeks when I made progress with the painting and install :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I can add pictures when we are test fitting the bonnet.
Regarding weight I just have the data from the z tune bonnet. But it should be very similar. All i can say is that the oem vspec 2 bonnet was very heavy compared to mt carbons products. At least double the weight. No joking.

MT-Carbon Z-Tune: 6200gr.
Original Nismo Z-Tune: 9400gr.
OEM: 20KG
OEM Vspec II: ??? My estimation >12 KG

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
That looks great.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Test fitted the vspec 2 bonnet and it looks pretty good.
With the hood latches I can make some adjustments for the spacing. But watch the pictures to get an idea of the quality. I did not adjust anything at the moment but I want it 100% perfect. It is one of the few full carbon bonnets. Most of the aftermarket bonnets have one layer of carbon and the rest is glass fiber.

Automotive parking light Grille Car Automotive lighting Hood

Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle Grille

Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Can you confirm the price plus delivery to the UK ?

Ta.
If you have questions regarding pricing and shipping, please contact them directly. Email Adress and Facebook Site is on their Website --> here.
Prices are varying due to inflation and other factors. Also I don't know which shipping service they use for shipping outside the EU.

As I picked up my bonnet directly I did not have to deal with that stuff ;-)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
That's great news !
So you have a closer picture of the bonnet latch ?
Any idea of the bonnet weight ?
Can't wait to see how it fits on the car !
I will take some detailed pictures soon when it is sunny.
The next time I will visit MT-Carbon I can also talk about weight and new projects.
I adjusted the rubbers to get a bit better fitment. At the moment I am very happy with the fitment.

Next steps are to paint the bonnet and install the washer nozzles too :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
As some people requested more detailed pictures I took some more. Still haven't managed to paint it yet.
View attachment 274110
View attachment 274111
View attachment 274112
View attachment 274113
View attachment 274114
View attachment 274115
Is that the original OEM bonnet hinges. It's looks a good quality bonnet I've messaged them about front bumper and fenders also as big wait time getting them from nismo Japan. I've already ordered them but there is at least and 8 month wait this may be a better option

41 - 53 of 53 Posts