GTR Forum banner

BNR34 Vspec II Carbon Bonnet Collective Order

19K views 67 replies 20 participants last post by  bigbaz1974 
#1 ·
Is anyone interested in a BNR34 Vspec II carbon bonnet?

I am after a Vspec II bonnet a while but seeing the prices nowadays they are up to 6k-7k and more.
And that's for a used bonnet.

Anyway what is the idea behind this thread?

• I want to give the oppertunity to order a bonnet that is spec-wise the same as the OEM bonnet.
  • Quality the same as OEM or better
  • It should be much more affordable

I know a company in Germany called MT-Carbon who are already doing the z-tune (r-tune) bonnet.
Surprised about the quality as it is spot on (same as nismo).
They are also doing the fenders and front.

Here you can see a picture of the bonnet they are doing.
Keep in mind that they also have the hood latches which are strenghtend so you don't need any additional aerocatches.

All the parts were formed out of original Nismo parts to really keep the quality standard.
Also different structures like forged carbon is possible.

Here is what the parts look when they are installed. As I said aerocatches are not mandatory. Front and fenders are as well from MT-Carbon.

But anyway back to the topic.

They haven't done the Vspec II bonnet yet. What they are needing is a Vspec II bonnet for casting the template.
As casting the template involves much work they need at least 5 people who are willing to purchase one.

So I am reaching out to you guys.

Q1: Does anyone have a bonnet for the casting process?
Q2: Who would like to order one?

Estimated cost per bonnet about 2000€. (May vary a bit)

See less See more
#42 ·
I am happy to announce that the production of the first Vspec II bonnet is finished :)
Big thanks to Tobias from MT-Carbon who is a master in his craftmanship. Even though he is clogged with work and has a very small business, I always got updates and information about the status of the bonnet. I can only recommend him.

So this is the first bonnet which will be installed on my car next week. With the rubber dampers mentioned in the previous post it should fit like OEM as it is an exact copy.

After trying the bonnet I will take it to the paintshop to paint it bayside blue :)
Pet supply Wood Floor Automotive exterior Flooring

As you can see the hood closing latch is also crafted into the bonnet. - No quick locks needed. Some countries require additional bonnet locks.

Grille Hood Wood Automotive exterior Bumper

I will keep this thread updated in the next few weeks when I made progress with the painting and install :)

#51 ·
I will take some detailed pictures soon when it is sunny.
The next time I will visit MT-Carbon I can also talk about weight and new projects.
I adjusted the rubbers to get a bit better fitment. At the moment I am very happy with the fitment.

Next steps are to paint the bonnet and install the washer nozzles too :)

#44 ·
I can add pictures when we are test fitting the bonnet.
Regarding weight I just have the data from the z tune bonnet. But it should be very similar. All i can say is that the oem vspec 2 bonnet was very heavy compared to mt carbons products. At least double the weight. No joking.

MT-Carbon Z-Tune: 6200gr.
Original Nismo Z-Tune: 9400gr.
OEM: 20KG
OEM Vspec II: ??? My estimation >12 KG

#46 ·
Test fitted the vspec 2 bonnet and it looks pretty good.
With the hood latches I can make some adjustments for the spacing. But watch the pictures to get an idea of the quality. I did not adjust anything at the moment but I want it 100% perfect. It is one of the few full carbon bonnets. Most of the aftermarket bonnets have one layer of carbon and the rest is glass fiber.

Automotive parking light Grille Car Automotive lighting Hood

Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle Grille

Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

#50 ·
If you have questions regarding pricing and shipping, please contact them directly. Email Adress and Facebook Site is on their Website --> here.
Prices are varying due to inflation and other factors. Also I don't know which shipping service they use for shipping outside the EU.

As I picked up my bonnet directly I did not have to deal with that stuff ;-)

#53 ·
As some people requested more detailed pictures I took some more. Still haven't managed to paint it yet.
View attachment 274110
View attachment 274111
View attachment 274112
View attachment 274113
View attachment 274114
View attachment 274115
Is that the original OEM bonnet hinges. It's looks a good quality bonnet I've messaged them about front bumper and fenders also as big wait time getting them from nismo Japan. I've already ordered them but there is at least and 8 month wait this may be a better option

#55 ·
Anybody members here ordered the Z-Tune bonnet from these guys, or anything else for R34. Feedback & prices would be great. :)
I recently received the bonnet front bumper and fenders. After a 4 month wait they were delivered and had been damaged by the delivery company.
Now waiting on MT carbon to make an insurance claim for the damaged parts so have my car sitting waiting till its sorted out. The packaging was poor aswell the parts didn't have good protection hence they were damaged

Prices
Bonnet €2058
Bumper €2220
Fenders €1850
Delivery to UK €400
also note you need to pay UK customs VAT before they can be delivered.

I had them delivered to GTR heritage Centre who are building my car and they weren't impressed with the quality of some of the parts specially the fenders.

Attachments

#56 ·
Wow Baz you absolute legend, wasn't at all expecting such a detailed+super quick reply so thanks for that I really appreciate it.

Sorry to hear about the damage done during delivery, hope it gets sorted and your compensated accordingly i.e as in the inconvenience of not having the car etc, you must be itching to get your car back.

#57 ·
Thanks mate yeh it's been a nitemare to be honest. The parts can be repaired but obviously waiting on the delivery company to cover the cost. But yeh your right itching to get the car back the engine is being forged and rebuilt aswell lot of work being done but unfortunately this is holding it up

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.