GTR Forum banner

81 - 100 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Nice pics!

I'm keen to hear how those Type R's sound, I've seen a few vids on youtube, but still the more the merrier. Not many running those cams it seems. Would be perfect for me here since the 2 year Japanese inspections are kinda stringent depending on who you get. And they're drop it still. Did you go with adjustable gears?
Hey habu32,

The Type-r's still have a nice note to them, but my exhaust is very quiet so it would not be a good representation of how they would normally sound. I do have adjustable Tomei cam gears, i have advanced the inlet cam and retarded the exhaust cam a little. Thats cool that you are in Japan i really want to go over and check the place out, especially the Omori Factory, R's meeting and the Nismo festival.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #82 (Edited)
January 2017

I started the year off by ordering a new oem front diffuser, the one on the car was pretty average and had been repaired and plastic dipped before. To me it wasn't even worth keeping as a spare. I got a really good price on the new one and was able to get decent money for the old one to help pay for the new one. I didn't waste much time fitting the new one up.

Here is a pic of my model collection. I would like to add Lewis Hamilton's 2015 Mercedes AMG F1 W06 and either a R33 gtr, Ferarri LaFerrari or Mclaren P1 to the cabinet this year.

There was a car show coming up on the 22nd of the month so i gave the car a clean even though it was already pretty clean :tard:. It would be the first time i had ever taken one of my cars to a show.

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Here are some pics from the car show. The first one i took, the rest were taken by others that i found on Facebook. It was only $5 to get in and there was no trouble from the police. The turnout was huge. I'm not really a fan of photos of cars on grass but as it was out of the city, with the beautiful mountains all around and the fresh air it was kind of fitting.

Here is a link to the event. DS Samford Meet, Jan 2017 | Downshift

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
February 2017

I noticed Nismo had some new products for the R32-35 Gtr's at the Nismo Festival last year some of which included their new range of carbon fiber exhaust shields. The information i had was these products were coming out in 2017. I didn't wait too long into this year before inquiring if they were available yet and to my delight they were so i went ahead and ordered one for the R34 :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
I didn't know about this shield.. not bad!!
Yeah Nismo/Omori have not published any information anywhere about it yet that I've seen. I had to scour the internet for what details/pics i could find and then talk to someone that went to get more info on it. As you can see above Omori Factory has fitted one to their R34 Clubman Race Spec car. It is an Omori Factory product which don't normally feature in the Nismo parts catalogues for whatever reason :tard:

They also released a carbon cooling plate and for either the R32 or R33 (or maybe both) and a new carbon snorkel for the factory BCNR33, seen above in the pics i posted.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Oh no here we go... another sucker for Nismo... :p

When you putting your order in if you haven't already. :chuckle:
Haha yeah as i said i put the order in for one as soon as i knew they were available. I probably would have waited longer to buy one but as there is some minor damage on the rear bumper just above the exhaust tip that has always irked me this part will cover that up nicely :clap:

Here are some pics of the shield when it arrived up last week

Attachments

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Wow I didn't know that the lower Bumper extensions were cut out, surely it couldn't have been that way from Nismo.. as not every R34 had a diffuser. :confused:

Oh and awesome collection of cars you have in your cabinet, just abit worried about the top shelf falling and damaging everything else. :p

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Wow I didn't know that the lower Bumper extensions were cut out, surely it couldn't have been that way from Nismo.. as not every R34 had a diffuser. :confused:

Oh and awesome collection of cars you have in your cabinet, just abit worried about the top shelf falling and damaging everything else. :p
You are right the rear skirts don't come like that but have a template for you to cut those sections out if you have the rear diffsuer :thumbsup:

Don't worry about the cabinet, I've made sure it is mounted VERY well

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
It looks awesome and weird at the same time if you get what I mean... Dare I say it... gives off vibes that Nismo kinda made a mistake somewhere... :flame:

81 - 100 of 188 Posts