GTR Forum banner

161 - 180 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
The Greddy units are another good option and also include a thermostat, i have one of those on my R32. I am weary of overloading my blue car with too much blue and since the oil cooler is visible through the side opening in the Nismo front bar i thought silver would be a much better choice. Although blue probably would have been ok too. Both the Greddy and HKS units come with provisions for proper oil temp and pressure sensors too which the Nismo does not. Just a piece of random trvia, both the Nismo Z-tune and Mines R34 run dual oil coolers.

I am not a fan of the kits that move the oil filter as i have no problem changing it where it is and i think it just clutters up the engine bay.

Congratulations on your recent purchase, you should definitely start a thread to keep track of the car and for others to have a look at a maybe learn something. I also wouldnt worry about oil temps in the 90's, im pretty sure you can get them upto about 110 before it becomes a problem. Getting the oil upto 100 degrees is a good way to boil out any moisture or fuel that has gotten into the oil as well

·
Registered
45 Posts
The Greddy units are another good option and also include a thermostat, i have one of those on my R32. I am weary of overloading my blue car with too much blue and since the oil cooler is visible through the side opening in the Nismo front bar i thought silver would be a much better choice. Although blue probably would have been ok too. Both the Greddy and HKS units come with provisions for proper oil temp and pressure sensors too which the Nismo does not. Just a piece of random trvia, both the Nismo Z-tune and Mines R34 run dual oil coolers.

I am not a fan of the kits that move the oil filter as i have no problem changing it where it is and i think it just clutters up the engine bay.

Congratulations on your recent purchase, you should definitely start a thread to keep track of the car and for others to have a look at a maybe learn something. I also wouldnt worry about oil temps in the 90's, im pretty sure you can get them upto about 110 before it becomes a problem. Getting the oil upto 100 degrees is a good way to boil out any moisture or fuel that has gotten into the oil as well
I assume if you really wanted you could just spray it a different colour but I know what you mean!
Random trivia is always welcome :D
Thanks! It is quite the car and I am very happy, it is much different to my 33 (GTS-T)... I plan to do a proper introduction/thread on here when I get the chance.
From talks with others I understand 90s is fine and I have read up to around 110 is the max so what you are saying reaffirms this. Thanks for the info! I hope to be proactive rather than reactive in this regard. Cheers.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Last week i got bored and decided to start looking at reverse cameras. Since my neck isn't what it used to be i thought this might come in helpful sometimes. I will hook it up to either my Alpine double din head unit or the MFD. I got this from the guy on Facebook called R34 GTR MFD. He is very helpful, has great prices and ships very quickly, i cannot recommend him enough!

This unit is a Sony CCD true 180 degree camera, as you can see it snaps in and replaces the rhs number plate light making for a very neat install.

Something else i ordered is a piece of carbon fiber to go behind my number plate and tidy that up as i'm not 100% happy with how that is fitting at the momment.

I also plan on doing something with the interior at a later stage so i bought a second hand console lid and steering wheel which i will have re-trimmed along with the gear stick and handbrake boots. More on that later though :blahblah:

Excellent product, i think in the UK it is a legal requirement to have the number plate light in place and working, hence why no one has done this mod. nevertheless looks great and as you say no more neck exercises.:smokin:

I also run a HKS oil cooler, not sure of the model though.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just found you on Insta -> great work. I'm hoping to get a VSpecII in BB myself shortly but thin on the ground presently.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #174 (Edited)
Well i was going to update after a year, then two years and now here we are getting towards the end of 2019 already!

I will try and pick this up roughly where i left off, no doubt i will miss things as it is hard to remember everything and all i have is a ton of pics on my computer that are quite unorganized.

One of the next mods i did to the car was to upgrade the brakes. I sourced some R35 calipers in great condition from Supertec Racing who are always excellent to deal with.

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #179
June 2017

The Nismo intercooler i had ordered a few months earlier finally showed up. I was really happy they put this item back into production. I sold the HKS intercooler i had previously fitted.

I also took the car for a wheel alignment.

Attachments

161 - 180 of 188 Posts