GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi,

I've found some of the counterfeit of the original Bee-R R324 bodykits on eBay.

I was wondering whether anyone has an experience of purchasing those. what would the quailities be like on those non-originals? They look fine from the pics.

One is called frpbodykit :
89-94 Nissan Skyline R32 to R34 B-R Conversion Body Kit:eBay Motors (item 130328430970 end time Sep-08-09 11:39:06 PDT)

an the other one is Raceonusa:
332 R324 Conversion Full 9Pc Wide BODY KIT Skyline R32 :eBay Motors (item 350241003597 end time Sep-15-09 18:04:04 PDT)

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah.. syliner56, I kinda felt the same by looking at it.. but it's exceptionally cheaper than the original Bee-R kits.. very tempting..

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
And that's the one they chose for the photo! :eek:

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
I think you can get nearly any kit to work. You'll need an artist of an installer though, some swearing, maybe some relocating of mounts, body filler, etc.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
btw Justin, didja see the R324 on Bobaedream? It looks pretty complete, but I know who imported it - he brought my car in from Japan, and he's not so much dodgy as he's the laziest bastard on earth, and it shows in the level of prep in his cars...

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tobie, yeah. I saw the thing.. it would look much better if he beefs up the rear fender and the front a bit.. at that current stage, it just doesn't look right... uneven look.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Starci, lol Bobae Dream is just one of the popular second-handcar trade web-site. The founder has made a fortune out of it I heard...They got some of the stunningly refined cars from your territory lol.. :blahblah:

·
Registered
8,804 Posts

looks fairly clean to me, but it sat in Ilsan without several body parts - the 324 kits was a necessity of sorts because the originals were gone and it took awhile to get the engine sorted.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
lol, same thought same post :p

I've touched that Carrera GT...just the outside :D Bottom floor of Seoul Auto Gallery in Yangjae. Stunning in person, makes me want to wrap my car in matte black vinyl. There was a Dodge Viper also done in the wrap, but it was a shoddy job, with multiple pieces and seams everywhere. Total hack job.

Hey Justin, do you know who's doing these black wraps in Seoul? I really want to get my car done.

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,199 Posts
Tobie, yeah. I saw the thing.. it would look much better if he beefs up the rear fender and the front a bit.. at that current stage, it just doesn't look right... uneven look.

Amazing - that's the first R32/34 I've seen which doesn't looks like a dog's dinner. No nasty side skirts etc.

An interesting look would be that front end (with wider arches as you suggest) mixed with the Vielside/Japsalon wide rear arches...

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Master Tobie~!!

Ain't I glad that we share a very similar thought on cars lol~

Yeah.. that Carrera GT is just absolutely stunning.. wish I can see it in real. but heard that it would cost a fortune to just change its manual clutch.. is it right?

Regarding the wrapping thingy.. you can go to a flee market on the street and buy some Kimchi and they will give it for free.. sorry.. wasn't funny :p

Take a look at Tuning09 site. This is the site where one seller post a discounted price for abundant sales to members

The url is

TUNING09

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh. I got a quote from them on my skyline about a few month ago, it wasn't really cheap.. like over $1,500 or even more. you can paint in matt black for that amount.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
I'm keen on the vinyl wrap...are Koreans calling it "car skin" - 카스킨? No waxing or polishing, just wash and go :) I don't want to respray my original gunmetal grey finish; it's classic and should stay with the car I think.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yep. Koreans call it "Car Skin" :p

Gun-metal is the coolest you can get for the R32 colour. I will be sending my babe to to re-painted in that colour 2morrow..

I really need to go to bed and stop reading threads on GTROC!!

·
Premium Member
6,056 Posts
GRP/FRP shrinks by about 2mm over every M or so, so when you take a mold off a GRP bumper the mold usually ends up being a little bit shorter than the orginal. Then when you make a piece out of that mold it also ends up being a little bit shorter.

add those two bits up and you end up with a piece that is significantly shorter than the original you started with. Somehow your bodyshop has then to make that right!

Simon

1 - 20 of 33 Posts