GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey Just bought my first skyline gtr33. everything is great. only have a couple questions and one concern...first forgive my ignorance. what fluid is in the right side trunk of the skyline? its running on the MIN line and i wanna top it off. secondly...i am having a big "bogging" problem (if im even using that term correctly) for example when on throttle any amount i notice that it gives power to the motor...however all of a sudden it cuts out and in and out and in and out like hic-uping. after a short while it clears itself up. it happens a bit too often like many times a day. please, help! thanx guys!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanx for the info. is it for sure the two turbos fighting over eachother? the guy i bought it from said it never had that issue. and never did until i filled it with gas for the first time. i made sure it was super premium petrol. my first guess is water in the reservoir tank...is it for sure not that?

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
what do you mean water in the reservoir tank? tell me youre not thinking about the ATTESSA tank?
As above use ATF fluid that is dextron III rated.

Does the car sound like there is a steam locomotive as such where the turbos are under load at low rpms? making noises like tssht tssht tssht tssht What turbos do you have? If standard i severely doubt it is turbo shuffle you have.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
like a little condensation in the gas tank. haha not like i poured water hoping it would be cheaper than gas. it just hickups somewhat badly. i give it throttle or have constant throttle and it all of a sudden cuts in and out until it sorts itself out. its totally stock except for the exhaust, short shifter and computer. it donesnt sound like a locomotive or anything intense except for this problem it sounds like a beautiful biturbo rb26 :eek:)

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
haha thats alright then ;)
it wont be turbo shuffle as suggested above, standard turbos arent really big enough to do that.

Check AFMs, (clean them with brake cleaner or something) What ecu is on there? If is powerfc then will show you readouts for the engine and electrical systems :) if not id suggest going to a tuner who has access to CONSULT or something like that.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
again forgive my ignorance...what are AFM's? and i dont know the ECU. its just the computer, nothing that gives readouts or that you can tune without a computer like my AFC i had in my subaru. it looks like a big disk drive for a laptop. the previous owner told me it is to replace the previous "280 hp computer" and provides now "350 hp"

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
air flow meters, the black plastic things attached to your air filters with a clip on each one.
you just have a ecu upgrade. id take it to a tuner if you can mate, if youre not sure of what youre doing.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
we have all been there once mate ;)

hope it gets sorted, if you find the problem post up here to help others! :)

Have a look on the search button at the top, see if anyone else has had similar issues

·
Registered
498 Posts
I'm not great at mechanics so best to use the search on the forum and read a few posts to see if you feel it is possibly the problem you have, if it is then you'd best get a tuner to check for sure, you would probably be better off replacing all 6 for a new set, generally most people seem to replace with Splitfire coils rather than the standard Nissan items,

·
Registered
991 Posts
shuffle

haha thats alright then ;)
it wont be turbo shuffle as suggested above, standard turbos arent really big enough to do that.

Check AFMs, (clean them with brake cleaner or something) What ecu is on there? If is powerfc then will show you readouts for the engine and electrical systems :) if not id suggest going to a tuner who has access to CONSULT or something like that.
my 33 had std turbos and they did shuffle occasionally.

·
Registered
315 Posts
mate if i were in your place i would visited a mechanic / tuner . Maybe it's not anything serious but you should visit one at least as a first check up of the car. Check over here and you should find some decent shops near you to pay them a visit.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.