GTR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not started a thread earlier because I wanted to make sure that my new engine was finished first.
I have waited a year to post this...

I bought this car from GT-Garage:
http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/99392-r33-gtr-2-7-trust-t88-34d-15-500-a.html

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/97979-r33-gtr-2-7-trust-t88-potential-800bhp-coming-soon.html

I had a head failure that was partly my fault because I trusted GT-Garage.
The rear oil way leaked and dripped on the gearbox so it maked the clutch to slip on 1.2bar.
Movie from the first mapping Maxxtuning - www.maxxtuning.se
I trusted GT-Garage when I asked if I could plug the rear oil way, I thought that the standard oil feed was in order in the head, but I should have not done that. The exhaust cam pinched due to no oil.

Also, I wanted the car ASAP as I had planned to go to a car Gatebil event in Norway.
[email protected] told me that he could make it happened, I got the car unmapped because I wanted it to be done here in Sweden.
So I asked If it was safe for me to drive home now, Yes, it has a safe map he tells me.
When the mappers plugged in their computer the noticed that the ignition was 30 degrees to much!
GT-Garage had mapped the car with the hand controller without the wide band lambda because he did not have one that day.
Lucky for me that I listened to my mappers in Sweden and did not drive the car with boost home to Sweden.
Its also thanks to that we drove from Sweden to UK with a motor home and only drove about 100km/h.

Anyway, while the head was at the restorer I decided to brake the block to see that the spec was in order.

It had:
early r32 block (it did not have the low serial number)
hks 88mm pistons (there where no HKS marking what so ever)
total seal rings
seal rods arp bolts (eagle rods with the arp bolts)
new r34 crank machined and balanced (needed to be machined due to a main bearing failure)
acl race bearings (standard nissan bearings with a main bearing failure)
trust/greddy oil pump
trust deep sump kit
hks oil filter relocator (he took the spec from the "green R32" and forgot to remove this)
hks oil oversize oil cooler underneth mounted (also from the "green R32")
orc oraga triple plate clutch with bearing carrier

race spec ported and polished head with rear oil way
tomei 260/10.5 pro cams (Typo from GT-Garage, it's 10.25)
tomei stud and nut kit(a must for 650+ power)
tomei lifter (standard lifters)
hks springs (not sure, Alex does not know either)
trust pulleys
1.2 tomei 88mm head gasket kit
greddy ported inlet
spitfire coils (standard coils, he said that the splitfire was broken)
greddy light weight pulleys
trust/greddy cam belt
trust/greddy cam cover
nur spec cam covers

720cc injectors
turst 11,0 fuel rail
sard fuel pressure reg
hks fuel pump (the hks fuel pump was in the green r32 sorry man i copy'd and paced the add the one in your car is uprated though but i don't know the make)

Trust T88-34d 800bhp turbo kit, trust wastegate, screemer pipe and large bore v-band downpipe to fit trust evolution exhaust only,has just had turbo rebuilt by turbo dynamics (the greddy manifold was not straight it leaked on the 6th hole on the head, also the wastegate had a crack, I now this because I sold the turbo kit to my mate and he showed me)

I also didnt have any blow off valve because he told I did not need one!
The the turbo has anti surge, yeah right thats what the anti surge is for, when he told me that I was just quit and the first thing I did when I got home to Sweden was to install one.

The spec was not correct... obviously, Alex didnt have nothing to do with this "NISSAN SKYLINE R33 GTR FRESH 2.7 RACE SPEC BUILD" engine.
He bought the engine and was given the spec he tells me when I asked why the parts was not the same as the sale add.
It is easy to blame away from themselves when it comes to the crunch.

But that is the past, I decided to build a complete new forged engine.
I am still sorting all the pictures from the build up so it will take me a couple of days until I post them.

Until then... look at the video clip thats from the mapping:

YouTube - Bolle's Nissan Skyline R33 GT-R V-spec 1093HP

·
Registered
82 Posts
Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezez christ! INSANE! :clap: :clap: :clap:

·
Banned
665 Posts
bolle that is not exactly how it all happened but if your upset i have offered the missing parts in an pm as i can see you trying to bad mouth me though the engine did not fail on its own or buy anthing i had done..... after a phone call to abbey telling you to block off the rear oil feed on the head causing it to stop oil getting to the head and then ran it snapping the cam.... i don't know how it was my fault but it was... as you text me saying so?

before that i had you ring me after getting it dynoed which we agreed it needed where the clutch was slipping which your tuner said needed to be replaced which i said no the clutch was new...but you went ahead anyway and they took the clutch out and said it look new and was all ok and charged £5-600 which you wanted me to pay for...?

i am deeply sorry about your miss fortune with the car and i did want and try to help but with you being so far way it was impossible.

if you had a machanice look at the car put on some ptfe tape on the leaking join on the back of the head this could be a very different story...

and yes iford enginnering built the engine which i bought with the green r32 which was 1990 and i was told early type block and all the spec above when i rang them to question the spec they said they would get back to me which they did not and then would never answer my call from there on...nice

i will sort the rest through pm with bolle and inform a mod if the thread

·
Registered
82 Posts
I smell that some new pulls have been made and some new fresh figures is coming...
Is that true bolle?! :smokin:

:popcorn:

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I'm not upset now, I was upset when you emailed me this after I found out why the clutch slipped and had emailed you about it with pictures.

i'm sorry about the small pipe leaking but these things happen if you want bring the car back and swap for a standard car that will give no problems fine but i said the clutch was new so the gearbox removal could have been avoided and your £400 price tag did he not see the pipe was leaking before
I get it now, about the pricetag... when I bought the car, I had never removed a gearbox before so I had a mechanic doing the work, but I watched him do it and I learned, now when I had to remove it again I did it in 40 minutes with two friends! And the £400 price tag was for removal/install gearbox, removing/installing the clutch, checking/cleaning the plates.

You tell me if could have seen and repaired this without removing the gearbox and clutch:

and this is how much oil dripped within a minute after I cleaned the flywheel, and this is without any oilpressure.

The discs:

The problems with this engine started a few hours after we said goodbye to eachother. Just after I came in to France I got a really loud metallic noise, and it sound more and more when I rev. The bolts from the cam gear pulley was lose and one bolt went out so much that it turned the inside of the CAS, hence the noise. Once again lucky for me that we took the motor home, I had all the tools to remove the timing belt cover and remove all the metal that has been turned from the CAS. Do you remember?

Ok, when I told you, you told me that one of your mechanics must have forgotten to tighten the bolts but you sent me a used one with no charge, thanks.

The only reason I plugged the hole on the rear of the head was because I texted you and I asked if this was ok because the cambridge should still get oil from the standard oil feed. Do you think I wanted to destroy my engine on purpose?

You say that Abbey told you to block off rear oil feed? Did you tell them that standard oil feed was blocked from the start?

You never told me that Abbey said that I could block of the rear oil way but I do remember that you told me that the releasing bearing from the ORC clutch was recommended be Abbey, this one:

I ordered a new one from Japan while the gearbox was down and the bearing that is to the ORC1000 clutch is different, when I told you about it you told me that you only used what Abbey told you to.

While we speak of the clutch, you say that it was new, can you tell me why it slipped again without any oil on it and just on 760HP (estimated on engine) and perhaps 650NM (cant remember exactly) when the clutch was new and speced for 1000NM?

Here is a another qoute from a email:
the plates can be cleaned inside the box through the inspection hole

i'm sorry i did not see the leak when the engine came out of the r32 when it went into the r33 it must of dislodged some how

you paid a very cheap price for the car and all the parts that where on it

i'm sorry if you think i built it so bad!!!!! i'm quite insulted by that.

i felt bad as you seemed a good guy but i did say no warranty i wanted to help and if the car was in the uk i would have done the work not because i have too but because i wanted to.

put it this way everytime my r34 has broken i did not ask smokey nagata(top secret) for money back ... why.....because its a tuned car
Cheap? How can 15000£ be cheap when the spec you wrote was incorrect.
Why did you write the awesome spec when you never could confirm it?

Yes, the engine did not fail on its own, like I wrote before, the head failure was also my fault because I did block the rear oil way.
I had a mechanic look at it and it could not fix the problem with ptfe tape, maybe temperately for the mapping but it would never hold long.

If you had the car mapped in UK, you would had noticed the oil leak and you had to repair it. And then sold it to me, I would guarantee blown the block later and I could never prove that it was because you lied about the spec.

So I am glad that the head failed here, I still have the block and bearings.

On the PM you wrote to two days ago, "the car left here running", of course it left running, it had 0.7bar boost, the clutch started to slip on 1.2bar. Do you always sell your cars with minimum boost so they wont detect any faults, if there is any?

Remember when I asked why the Greddy oilpressure gauge was not working?
It was because the sensor unit was crushed with engine bracket, who installed the engine?

Remember when I asked whats the milage was on the car?
You told me 48000km's, like the odometer shows... but after some driving after I left you I notice that the odometer does not work, just the km/h. So the mileage has been 48000km, but for how long?

I have many many more minor faults, but ok, I got the car cheap, £15000 :thumbsup:

I dont know the laws in the UK but here in Sweden when a seller (company) says something and its incorrect we can return the car or get the parts replaced or fixed, whatever it is, even if it is tuned car.

Maybe you saw a opportunity because I was from Sweden and thats why you sold the car to me?
Maybe you thought that when I realized that the spec was incorrect that I didnt bother because I live far awy?

May I ask why you never contacted me when you where after a block?
http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/118105-rb26-crank-block-cash-waiting.html

bolle that is not exactly how it all happened but if your upset i have offered the missing parts in an pm as i can see you trying to bad mouth me though the engine did not fail on its own or buy anthing i had done..... after a phone call to abbey telling you to block off the rear oil feed on the head causing it to stop oil getting to the head and then ran it snapping the cam.... i don't know how it was my fault but it was... as you text me saying so?

before that i had you ring me after getting it dynoed which we agreed it needed where the clutch was slipping which your tuner said needed to be replaced which i said no the clutch was new...but you went ahead anyway and they took the clutch out and said it look new and was all ok and charged £5-600 which you wanted me to pay for...?

i am deeply sorry about your miss fortune with the car and i did want and try to help but with you being so far way it was impossible.

if you had a machanice look at the car put on some ptfe tape on the leaking join on the back of the head this could be a very different story...

and yes iford enginnering built the engine which i bought with the green r32 which was 1990 and i was told early type block and all the spec above when i rang them to question the spec they said they would get back to me which they did not and then would never answer my call from there on...nice

i will sort the rest through pm with bolle and inform a mod if the thread

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I smell that some new pulls have been made and some new fresh figures is coming...
Is that true bolle?! :smokin:

:popcorn:
Yes indeed :smokin:

Thanks everybody.

We changed the fuel pumps to dubble Aeromotive a1000 as my others where maxed.
Maxxtuning raised some boost and voila...

The engine has now 1119HP (931WHP) :)
Video with dyno chart: YouTube - 1119HP Nissan Skyline R33 GT-R V-spec

Lol in Holland bolle means fatty, I don't know what it means in Sweden though?
Haha, I did not know that, I know that bolle is slang in danish for f**k.
But it has no meaning what so ever here in Sweden.
Its a nick name I when I was 15 years old.

Realy cool!
Grattis som fan :)

Whats the min boost pressure you can run with that wg placement?
They started to mapp the car on 0.75 bar with a soft spring in the WG.

wow. nice car. is that a gt4202. nice power band.
Yes it is, or the real name is GT4202R

Nice numbers Bolle, sorry we could not stay longer for the actual run, had to get home :)

Send down the headlights if you need them fixed up so they look nice again ( will be home again 1 november i hope )

cheers
Jan
Well maybe you remember why we did not start mapping earlier... The cabels from the map sensor that goes in to the Apexi Power Fc was loose. Hm, I wonder who installed it? Could it have been GT-Garage?

Anyway, after that Maxxtuning have resoldered the cabels we where back up on their dyno.

Thanks, I will let you know if I will have the headlights fixed.

Regards,
Dalibor

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
lol i just saw, my first post on here was the same number as the first BHP run you had on the engine, spooky 1093....

Aye you said that the cables were more than just lose, installed wrong also, hey what can i say, not everyone should be mechanic :)

Well we might come by Maxxtuning again and can take the headlight with me, free of charge, its an easy fix, if you want them converted to swedish roads i can do that at the same time also, just takes 10min longer.

Cheers
Jan

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hehe, thats really spooky :)

If you insist and want I'll be very glad if you take care of my head lights :)
Thanks

Regarding the conversion, I have a idea that I want to make on my lights when the car is in the garage for the winter. I want projectors but not like I did on my last R33 when I used BMW E34 projectors.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
@GT-Garage:You have to give warranty on anything you sell,if its tuned or not......half a year its your turn to prove that the car was in good condition when it left,after half a year its the buyers turn to prove it was bad when he bought it....minimum warranty written down in EU-law is 1 year...

In european law its not written down that "it was cheap" or something like that.....only problems which are shown by you befor the buyingcontract are excluded from the warranty,so lets say you tell the buyer this,this and this is bad on the car and thats why its so cheap,then the right is on your side....clearly you haven´t done this here:nervous:

·
Banned
665 Posts
sorry but this seem a bit mad you are talking shite and now just trying anything out of context

you told me that abbey told you to block off the oil way?? why would i tell you to do it.... idiot!

you rushed the pick up of the car to get to gatbil the turbo arrived from turbo dynamics the day before i worked over night and ran the car for only 2 hours in the morning i surprised it got you to sweden it was new build there was bound to be a few teething problems which i told you and added to take it easy,yes i could have repaired the clutch slipping without taking the box off.....

EvolutionVI why don't you start an import company giving warrentys with heaily modified imports that are very well spec'd and very low priced.

you will be out of business in a matter of weeks!

people abuse warrentys and for a small business like me its impossible to support them.

bolle offered to sort this but now i see your just trying to damage my business, 1 out 50 sells is not bad but i rather have 0 good luck with you car

·
Registered
82 Posts
It isn't mader than you've done it GT-Garage!

What kind of serious business says that they've build the complete engine and then change the answer and say it wasn't them when all kinds of problems come up?

What kind of serious business post a spec not knowing if the parts are there and then doesn't try to make good for themself when contacted?

What kind of serious business calls a customer an "idiot!" rather than try to sort things out?

A business that want to make fast money and don't want to deal with consequence doeas all those things!

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
EvolutionVI why don't you start an import company giving warrentys with heaily modified imports that are very well spec'd and very low priced.

you will be out of business in a matter of weeks!

people abuse warrentys and for a small business like me its impossible to support them.
I run a tuning company since 6 years....without someone complaining...just to answer your question,and yes,all my work has warranty,if its too much which i cant give a warranty with good feelings,i dont do the deal,much better then having a angry customer;)

PS: Well speced and low priced smells:nervous:

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Although its nothing to do with me, sometimes unexpected stuff like this happens and thats life. You could buy for example a brand new 35 and it brakes in weeks. I think its unfair to pin it on The GT Garage as they cant tell you everything i.e how well the previous owners looked after extra they can really only go by there inspection. And not that im pointing the finger but the buy will always blame the seller when it goes wrong even if he drove it off like a f**ker. Its a no win for both.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.