GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

A few of you on the JapUKMeets board may have noticed that i am starting to organise the second of the big Jap Performance car Bolney meets.

I'm getting some help from various people this time as i cannot co-ordinate everyone from every different forum (so, i've people helping out for the scoobies, evo's, Supra's, GTO's, SX's, etc), but as i use this board quite a bit, i'm doing it here (as well as on the GTI-R lists, obviously).

Anyway, the meet will be held either the 2nd or 3rd saturday of march (i think more likely the third). I've got to speak to Rebecca at the pub to organise things properly. It's got to be a saturday this time as it means we'll get the pub "reserved" for us and no other punters.

I'll let you know more as things progress, but i wanted to get an amount of feedback to see who's interested in coming along this time.

I know everyone who came along last time really enjoyed it, and i had alot of emails asking me to organise another one.

Cheers,
Daz

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
holidays permitting

I am in the process of planning a diving jaunt to the red sea so if I'm not there I'll be at bolney, doesn't sound quite as good though !

Steve

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'll be there

Daz

I'll be there.

Steve are you a qualified Diver??

Do you go often to the Red Sea??

Malc

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Hi Malcolm,

Yes I am hoping to do my Dive Master qualification this year.

I have sent you a pm so daz's thread doesn't get pulled off course..

/Steve

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies. I'm starting a spreadsheet as of now so that i can keep a list of names / numbers of those going. I can then give the pub an idea of how many to expect (as you know, the last one was HUUUUUUGE, and it surprised both the pub and I how many came along).

So, you guys are the first on the list. I'll also keep a note of how many of each type of car is coming along...

Steve mate, i'll put a question mark by you until you confirm whether or not what you're doing.

Cheers,
Daz

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Ok Daz, I'll probably be there just depends, it would be a shame to miss a meet that is 5 minutes drive away !!

See you soon.

Steve

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice one Paul mate, enjoying the skyline ? (silly question !)

Just so everyone knows, we already have 17 people say they'll definately be there...and i only informed people i'd set the spreadsheet up this afternoon, so people are definately up for this. As for you guys, i've 5 skylines down so far....great stuff.

I have rep's from most Jap marques now, so that should make spreading the word alot easier.

I think this is going to be scarily large !

We also have Steve and Gez from fast car magazine coming along - bringing their camera's. I may contact Japanese Performance Magazine to see if they are interested in doing a small feature about the event...what do you guys reckon ?

I will be phoning the pub either Tuesday evening (when the pub re-opens), or wednesday. So i will have an exact date for you hopefully by wednesday night at the latest.

Cheers guys, seeya soon !
Daz

·
Registered
997 Posts
YES!

Daz,
I`ll be there in the R33 mate..............6 Skylines NOW:p

Henry:smokin:

·
Registered
275 Posts
bugger, why does everything have to be on a saturday:confused:
went to the last one and it was good! will have to miss this one, sorry :(

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
spudgun said:
bugger, why does everything have to be on a saturday:confused:
went to the last one and it was good! will have to miss this one, sorry :(
Sorry about that. I wanted to arrange it for a sunday again, but when we were last there, the pub asked if next time we could arrange it for a saturday because they could then shut the pub to everyone bar us.

Alan....i'll have an exact date by the middle of next week hopefully.

Just to let you all know, we're now up to 31 cars.....

Cheers
Daz

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Bolney

Daz,

I will be coming in the Pulsar. Just one concern that I know a few people have is the drive bys. Any plan to stop this happening, or do you not think it will be a problem after all the negative comments last time?

Cheers
Lee

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I will be asking people to be somewhat more sensible.

Only thing i can do is contact the Bolney Police and ask for a ploddy to be stood there the whole time....

Cheers
Daz

PS Those that done it last time were condemed even by their own lists (i certainly remember reading someone having a go on scoobynet, claiming they were embarressed to be associated with them). Hopefilly the comments made after the last one will be enough to put people off. Afterall, everyone there will know that every other car there will be quick...no-one needs to prove anything.

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
CONFIRMATION...

Hi Guys,

I can now confirm the details of the meet having just got off the phone to the Landlord of the pub.

The meet will be held at the Bolney stage pub in Bolney Village. The date will be Saturday the 16th March 2002 (the pub requested it be held on a saturday this time....). The meet will start at 11.30am (as agreed with the pub), and will run until you all have had enough !! :D

They will have a bar menu available, but are considering putting on a roast dinner .... which i'm sure some of you guys will be pleased to hear :D

Hopefully they'll remember to reserve the pub for us, he certainly made a note of the details in their diary (which he said is filling rather rapidly).

They are very much looking forward to having us back again...he sounded very enthusiastic....he certainly remembered the last one and commented on how good it was.

I look forward to seeing as many of you guys there as possible. We have already made the 35 car barrier, and it's early days yet. I've asked on JapUKMeets for those representing their various lists to put out the details now that i can confirm them, so i expect the numbers to increase rapidly very soon.

I currently have 8 of you guys down to be coming along, hopefully now you know the final details this number will increase.

Cheers, and see you all soon.
Daz

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi Guys,

Jez - i already had you down mate...so it's still 8 i'm afraid. I'm hoping that i'm not getting a great deal of feedback here yet because it's a long way off and people are unable to commit yet.

I'd like to see a fair amount of you boys there....last time we had a pretty good skyline turnout.

As a bit more info, i now have 53 cars on the list.....the details are yet to be put out on the supra list, the evo list appears to have 10 or more interested, and from the glance i've had, scoobynet seems to have a similar amount so far (and the details have only been on those sites a day or two)...so we're already looking at 70 to 80 cars....cripes !

Also, i've spoken to Jap Performance and they MAY be coming along...they'll be contacting me nearer the time. They may not be featuring the event, but they'll certainly be on the lookout for future feature cars....i'll let you know what they decide they're doing.

Fast car are going to be there, with a view to doing some kind of feature on the event.

The pub are looking at getting a Sussex paper (county paper) to do an article on the event - as they believe it'll make a nice article. They obviously will get advertising out of this. If this happens, i'll get a copy and scan the article for people to see / read.

Interest is really starting to grow on this.....i personally think it's gonna be bigger than last time. We're going to have a wider selection of cars, and more from the ones that were there last time.

Cheers,
Daz

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Dazza.

If privilege pull their finger out by then and make me a decent offer then count me in for a car, as well as Paul Jackson, as he now has a white GTR.
I will be there anyway, car or no car.
Good work.
Nick

1 - 20 of 73 Posts