GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

A massive thanks to everyone who came along today...it was great to see so many skylines in one place.

I had expected around 300 cars to turn up in total (along with one or two last minute attendees)....a couple of friends counted the cars (one up one side of the road, one up the other). The grand total came to 522 cars !!!!! :D

The turnout was simply frightening - i don't think i'll see another Jap car meet as big as that for a while !!

The weather held out for quite a while so everyone had a chance to get some top snaps (mine will be available once my new PC arrives and i've got it all sorted - so around a weeks time).

I hope everyone enjoyed themselves - i was well impressed with the food....had a HUGE steak and chips....lovely ! Think i'll go back there someday just for a meal...

Fast car and Jap Performance were there. Jap performance found LOADS of cars they were interested in featuring....top stuff. Apparently redline were in attendance too - i didn't invite them at all so they must have heard through the grapevine.

No-one (from what i saw) done anything daft either....which was important because with so many cars around, it was a big concern of mine that something could happen....it didn't, so i'm very happy.

Thanks again all - i appreciate you all turning out (perhaps i should give up my job in IT and become an event organiser !!!!! :D ).

I'll see you all soon.
Daz

·
Registered
805 Posts
Well done !

Yeah well done Daz....500+ cars you say, I can beleive it

Managed a quick visit between 1 & 2, tooooo much to take in....pleased to find a small contingent of Cappuccino's though hiding amoungst the big boys, including the mystry one from the recent T J Dyno day, turns out the guy lives only 15 mls from me and works in the same field, checked out his big intercooler and adjustable turbo boost kit ...cooool !!, well worth the trip just for that.....

Big presence of R34's, not many owners in sight must have being raiding the grub :), R33's, R32's and that awesome Cream Stagea, owners name eludes me (Gerry ?)....

If he's a member on here, saw you at Woods Mill Friday 11.30ish at the side of the road with hazards on, out with others on business so unable to stop sorry....but assume nothing to serious as you were at Bolney

Cheers

RonS

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
Hi Ron
Did see you walk past as I was moving my car onto the road.
When I had finished you had gone.
You were right though we were eating again, Roll on some warm and dry weather :D
Best regards Alan

Cream Stagea, owners name eludes me (Gerry ?)....
I believe it is Stuart (Sorry if its the other spelling)

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Bolney

Well done Daz.

Excellent day, and good weather too to begin with!

I have pics, but speedy service not quite in action due to change of ISP. Still hoping to have them up in the next few hours, so watch this space!

Cheers
Lee

·
Registered
805 Posts
Rude

Alan,

> Did see you walk past as I was moving my car onto the road.
> When I had finished you had gone.

Yeah, sorry about that, rude of me...so much so little time... I'll administer the birch twigs later ;)

RonS

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
it was me

Well done Daz,
good turn out , kept popping there now and again was working you see.
Ron, it was me ran out of petrol in the stager still it was only half mile away to get petrol,nice car that gets lots of admaration
any way another good day
gary

GT-ART
Power just on a hand held:D

·
Registered
805 Posts
Cool vid

Warren,

Cool video and nice camera work, I think you got most of the 500 in there somewhere :D....well done

RonS

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Glad to hear everyone enjoyed themselves...this kind of feedback makes it all worthwhile.

We'll see what we can do next time......

300Z - that video is absolutely amazing !!!!! Very impressed. I recommend everyone downloads it....it put a HUGE smile on my face.

Shin, do they really not have things going on like this in Japan ? I always thought this kind of thing we happen every week ! I'm glad you enjoyed it - it was also nice to finally meet you.

Seeyou all soon,
Daz

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
In Japan...

Hi Daz,

Yes, it was my pleasure to meet you finally.
By the way, "daytime meet" is usually held by each owner's club.
In weekend midnight, people come up paticular place such as service station on a motorway. In this case, we can see a lot of cars with various makes and models.
"Daikoku" and "Shibaura" is famous as the meet place.

Yours,
Shin

·
Registered
637 Posts
Very well done Daz, ( pat on back )

Excellent day, I'm sure we all appreciate the hard work, time and organisation that goes behind an event like this...I've seen the video and really think this event will grow stronger.

Didn't get any food though....I saw the queue and gave up!

I would have liked to meet more 32'ers but they all (3?) disappeared from their cars.

ps no 32's in the video ? Thats where it all began!!

GODZILLA

John

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
32ers

John,

Mine was the 32 with the Veilside kit on, I hung around your car a couple of times to have a chat but didn't (obviously) know your face.
Was the car you have advertised in Top Marques a whille back for around 9/10 k??? If so I actualy wanted to buy it but didn't get there in time.

Luke

·
Registered
637 Posts
Luke

Yes Luke that was the car,

It was one of the first Skylines that Abbey got their hands on, being one of the first in the UK. I'm really sorry to have missed you but I was probably doing a walkabout. ( or queueing at the bar)

Where do you live, maybe we can meet up? Have lunch or something. A 32 with Veilside?

I'd like to see that.

John

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Job bloody well done

Daz.

Can't say no more than that mate really. Lost for words with the amount of cars you got their. And such a varied bunch as well. I think top turn-up has to go to the GTO boys though. Loads of 'em.

300Z.

Blinding vid mate. And so quick from car to web. Never got to chat with you really, damn. So nice when all the Nissan boys (and girls :D ) all gel ( no not the hair :rolleyes: .)

See Ya.

glen

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
32ers

John,

If you look at Shin's photos for today it's the one parked between the sunny and the yellow evo. Not a very good photo of the car (no offense Shin;) ) but you can see the bumper.

I live down in Kent, so if your ever in the area let me know.

Luke

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
thier

GLEN........

there NOT their !!!!!!!!!!!!

ARGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

Thats more than once I have noticed your iliteracy.

Sort it aut!!!!!!

Dirk, englais teacher Diggler

Ps, what happened to you today, rain stopped play?:) p

Did you have the steak? wow.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts