GTR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seem to remember Miltek produced something like this. Anyone have any info?
Need something for track days that can be fitted without crawling underneath.
(Oem exhaust with downpipes and res mid pipe too loud for Goodwood/Coombe)

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Litchfields had them in stock 2 weeks ago, they had them in their display cabinet,

Regards Goldie

·
Registered
9,080 Posts
Why not go for their 102mm extra silent full system. Will pass any track day noise limits still sounds great under load and flows a lot of power. Doesn't require any messing around with add on silencers.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I might be wrong. But I thought they were only about £390.00 at litchfields new,, I also see Anders car at Bromley being serviced and still had his fitted to his car,,,

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Why not go for their 102mm extra silent full system. Will pass any track day noise limits still sounds great under load and flows a lot of power. Doesn't require any messing around with add on silencers.
Plus it doesn't look ridiculous

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Plus it doesn't look ridiculous
Have to agree with that, they are f'ugly but would be more concerned about losing one at speed. They look pretty heavy :(
I wonder if anyone has made a titanium version (or even alloy as it's not superheated at that distance)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Why bother when there are easier suggestions such as the one I mentioned .
Thing is Adam, I adore the sound as is, so looking for a simple noise reduction for occasional track use.

I wonder if anyone has tried refitting the oem secondary cats for track use and how that effects a stage4 map?

·
Registered
9,080 Posts
Fair point but to me it's just a major hassle,

I went for silent for your purposes and ended up liking the complete sound package anyway.

·
Registered
269 Posts
If Litchfields have dropped the price to 390+vat+delivery, I'll drop my price, just make me a sensible offer, bear in mind these are almost new.

There is nothing more ridiculous then turning up a trackday, and then getting sent home without a refund... Trust me no one will give a sh!t that the tailpipes look a bit weird.

They won't come off, they slip a long way onto the tailpipe and use the OEM clamp same fixing as the tail pipe trims. I believe chubby used these on his time attack gtr for some noise sensitive test days.. When on and the bolt is done up they are going nowhere...

They do not weigh much more than than the OEM tips, and certainly not enough to weight down the exhaust or anything. They look bulkier than they are, i have some pics somewhere which i will add to the for sale thread.

Don't listen to people who have not and probably will not ever track a GTR. I know from experience that OEM with y pipe or 76mm miltek with down pipes and silenced y pipe, and the Litchfield 102 with unsilenced y pipe and downpipes will ALL PASS a static 105dB test. However under load when everything is hot you will set off the drive by noise meters at Snetterton for example and then fail the static. I would suggest that this will be the case at most UK tracks, and at some you will not even get on track. Those are the facts with turbo cars, especially when modified, and when very hot. The silenced y pipe on the litchfield 102mm should be OK, i have one now but not tested it under load at Snett yet, but i suspect will be ok. However plenty of tracks have noise problems, and you wont get a second chance if you set the noise meters off, and there are plenty of tracks where no amount of silenced y pipes or super quiet cat back will suffice. These are a 20 minute bolt on solution which work, are good quality, and will get you on most if not all UK tracks even the quiet ones.

·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts
Why bother when there are easier suggestions such as the one I mentioned .
Yup, I tend to agree hence I have gone "quiet" as I want to use the car and not have to worry about the noise police who are getting ever more vigilant!

·
Registered
9,080 Posts
I can see Chris's point. There are many, unlike me, who don't want to fork out for a new exhaust and who like the car to sound more purposeful most of the time. For the odd trackday, fitting the silencers is not exactly a hardship.

·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts
Yup, but as I have seen many times in the past it is NOT a guarantee that the "tail pipes***8221; or "bungs" will work or, as someone mentioned, the Marshalls have the right not to let a car on track with a protruding muggler thingies stuck on !!

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Yup, but as I have seen many times in the past it is NOT a guarantee that the "tail pipes***8221; or "bungs" will work or, as someone mentioned, the Marshalls have the right not to let a car on track with a protruding muggler thingies stuck on !!
Seen loads of car with these on Steve and never seen one declined on track,, they just make sure they are double secure before they go on track,,,
They look awe full but they do work, my of my TVR mates use them,

·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts
Seen loads of car with these on Steve and never seen one declined on track,, they just make sure they are double secure before they go on track,,,
They look awe full but they do work, my of my TVR mates use them,
LOL, Stu I wasn't saying that these would or wouldn't work, however I have seen many TVR's and Scooby's with Bungs that have failed the noise tests at various circuits, remember Mr & Mrs Noise Police are getting worst by the minute.

Also, as I indicated, the Marshals can and will refuse track entry if they think they may fall off !!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts