GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I think they are a very very good idea, and I have been thinking of getting some for my R32 to replace the spindly support thing it currently has.

A month or so ago my dad was jacking up his S14 200SX to change the exhaust for the MOT, with the bonnet open on the support post. As the car went up, the bonnet post thing slipped and fell forward. The bonnet then slammed shut on the support post, which was hanging out the front of the car. Result was one big bend in front edge of the bonnet and a smashed headlight.

I learned never to jack up a car with the bonnet held open on a post thing, and to never trust the support post at all. Those rams have to be good, and must make access easier.

With those rams a cool thing would be to make it so when you pull the release handle, the bonnet opens automatically. :cool:

Where can I get them from?

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If a good numer of people are interested then maybe it would be worth organizing a group buy?

Prices are as follows:

BCNR33: 31,290 Yen (Al gold) / 36,750 Yen (carbon)
BNR34: 28,350 yen (Al gold) / 31,500 Yen (carbon)

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Much better than the standard thing and nicely sized to fit into the suitcase in January :).
Does it mention anything about use on c/f bonnets?

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Carbon = £185 UK

Do you know how they fit ?? do they come with brackets ect to fit or if you have to drill the car etc to get em on ???

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
That looks brilliant! Dino, please find out the answers to kenan´s questions if possible, I´m interested.

Cheers!
/P

·
Registered
694 Posts
Perra said:
That looks brilliant! Dino, please find out the answers to kenan´s questions if possible, I´m interested.

Cheers!
/P

Ditto to the above comment's Dino ! I'm also very interested in a set for my R33 GT-R depending on how easy/hard they are to install !! ;)

Cheers

Shaun.

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I saw them on GTR Magazine and they show the bits for the fitting. looks very simple. There is a bracket that fits on top of the bonnet braket with 2 bolts. The bit at the end goes along the fender and looks like its fitted under the fender bolts along where its jointed to the chassis. Looks pretty simple but I'll find out soon enough as I'll be getting these, they look too good :smokin:

·
Registered
816 Posts
Oh mate, perfect find :cool: , been wanting something like this for some time :), put me down for a set of carbon ones, but only as long as i dont have to drill any holes :)

Andy

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Dino,

I'll have a carbon set, as long as they work with a CF bonnet.

What do you think ?

(Which GTR mag? )

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dave, should work with any bonnet but I wont know for sure until I get it. I saw it in the latest GTR mag (n 58, page 78).

Anyway I'll give them a go and then let people know how they fit and so on.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
DCD said:
I wonder if they weight more than the standard metal pole?
Dino
Even if they do weigh more it's easy to compensate with one less pie for dinner ;).
I've got a couple of spare boot lid gas struts and did think about adapting them but remebered getting involved with mobile catering unit hatches a few years ago. They either smacked you in the chin or fell on your head.
I'll definately have some.

·
Administrator
31,406 Posts
on puntosports we recently discovered the INXX bonnet lifters, to fit the vauxhal cavalier, fitted straighT ON.

and they only cost £25.

perhaps if someone can ge tthe dimensions of these ones, we might find a car which uses a similar size... for less money

mook

·
Registered
923 Posts
Used these on my Mondeo ST24 - Very easy to install and will easyily hoild a GTR ally bonnet up, not too sure about the Stone GTST/GTT bonnet though.

Those with CF bonnets may find that the bonnet will flex when being pulled down (they're too light for the strong gas struts!)

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
BTW...forgot to mention that you have to specify if you have a carbon bonnet or not as I would assume they are pressurized differently for the reasons Ian listed (no price difference BTW)

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
DCD said:
BTW...forgot to mention that you have to specify if you have a carbon bonnet or not as I would assume they are pressurized differently for the reasons Ian listed (no price difference BTW)
The price quoted, how much extra for delivery ???

1 - 20 of 189 Posts