GTR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I noticed today that when I got over 150 in my gtr35, the bonnet start to shake or flap and seem very violent, but not the front end where the catches are, the back near the windowscreen or hinges are. Is this a common thing. When I stopped the car and checked to see if the hinges my be loose or something it felt Fairly solid. With a bit of force there was a very slight bit of movement which you would expect with any panel on a car. Greatful for any advice.

·
R35 Section manager
11,365 Posts
Never heard of that happening and certainly never used to happen on mine. For peace of mind I would get that checked out by your garage

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There is just the sound proofing Material (Carpet) on the underside of bonnet.
It’s as if there is to much air is getting under the bonnet then is making it vibrate long the top between the hinges. It’s all tight. I’m going to take a video when we get some dry weather.
I want to hit the 200 mark. Which I have book a day at terminal velocity to do it at hopefully.

·
Premium Member
2,057 Posts
There is just the sound proofing Material (Carpet) on the underside of bonnet.
It’s as if there is to much air is getting under the bonnet then is making it vibrate long the top between the hinges. It’s all tight. I’m going to take a video when we get some dry weather.
I want to hit the 200 mark. Which I have book a day at terminal velocity to do it at hopefully.
I've done over 200mph, and yes it does start to lift, the wipers will start to lift too.. At those speeds, get some blue decorators tape and cover up the bonnet gaps etc, the 2 vent opens will lift too.

good luck at Terminal Velocity the runway there is horrible (if its the same place near Snetterton), surface is horrible and bumpy and imho wouldn't risk vmax speeds there.

·
Premium Member
2,057 Posts
Cheers For the advice.
what BHP you running to get the 200 make. Is that on the speedo or you using Vsport or something.
Yes GPS verified actually was 207mph standing start in 1mile, and around 900hp.
GTRDC Runway day at Kendrew Barracks, where VMax200 run thier events, far smoother runway.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Never had this issue with OEM bonnet. My carbon fiber hood on the other hand..omg it was so bad. Got distracting once you started to hit the higher numbers. I chalked it up to the carbon fiber bonnet having more intakes and being lighter. Did not like it one bit though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts