GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new here but been lurking around for awhile .

I recently came across this problem after i came back from overseas . Basically i left i car at home for 1 month but have someone regularly starting up the car . After i came back the hood pop up (Red light) ,VDC (Yellow) ,Traction control (Yellow) and ABS (Yellow) came on . I open the bonnet then close again . The Hood pop up light is gone and after a short drive the rest of the lights is gone too . after a while they all came back up again . From what i can see is that the left side lower corner of the bonnet is slightly mis align when closed lightly but when closed from chest height it closed flushed and normal .

Would like help and advise on what I should do from here .

Thank you in advance... :wavey:

·
Premium Member
3,380 Posts
Try clearing it with an Ecutek cable and then see if it comes back on. Whereabouts are you located?

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
The manual does actually state that, due to the weight of the panel, that the bonnet should be drop-closed from a height of about 30 cm so if you can't get the codes cleared to compare, you may be better off just continuing to do this as it seems to work for you already.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im not in UK unfortunately , Im located in NZ . i don't think i have access to Ecutek . Will try drop by to a garage i know on monday and see if they are able to get into the ECU and reset the lights or not .

I the problem with my method is that after couples mile the lights came right back up . Getting scared as pretty sure ABS , VDC and TC stopped working at this point . :(

Always some sort of little problem since start owning supercars :(

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Im not in UK unfortunately , Im located in NZ . i don't think i have access to Ecutek . Will try drop by to a garage i know on monday and see if they are able to get into the ECU and reset the lights or not .

I the problem with my method is that after couples mile the lights came right back up . Getting scared as pretty sure ABS , VDC and TC stopped working at this point . :(

Always some sort of little problem since start owning supercars :(
Do the lights pop on even if you drop the bonnet from chest height / 30 cm?

I wouldn't worry too much mate as I would be very surprised if they stopped working as that would just exacerbate the problem should the bonnet fly up and Nissan would likely be partially culpable under those circumstances (unless anyone can confirm otherwise?).

Regarding the Ecutek, you should still be able to purchase a cable even if you're in NZ and I'm sure that one of the helpful guys on here would be able to walk you through connecting it up and clearing the error codes :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there , Ive just had exactly the same problem with my 08 gtr , live in titirangi Nz , came back off a month holiday ,car was on a battery maintainer , looking forward to a good thrash round the waitakere ranges and car had master warning, vdc , abs and bonnet fault. How did you fix yours. , thanks , Geoff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts