GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well chaps and chapettes its at last time for me to start getting pen and paper (or in this case, fingers and keyboard) to meet with regards to my book... I've been doing quite a bit of brainstorming over the last few weeks, quite a bit of research here and there, but more than anything just trying to work out my own aims and goals for this project. (A hard task in itself :rolleyes: )

Following a number of late night tequilla drinking and public enemy listening sessions the creative juices are moving and I've started to get a good outline written...

Being hot headed though, I thought ... outline schmoutline ... I wanna think about a title! so I thought I'd post a thread about it to bounce some ideas off of all of yas... Here is my title suggestion at the moment, what do you all think!?

"All Time High" - The Nissan Skyline R32, R33 and R34 Turbo Models.

Too long, too bad, too much!? Let me know what you think ;)

In all seriousness, I have a good outline for my introduction and so I'm hoping I will have a first draft written in the next few weeks... :D

·
Registered
905 Posts
Dan........errrr.......listen mate.......

You do realise that the book will go on serious hold as soon as a certain GTS4 lands at the docks dont you?????;) ;)

Si

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yepppppppp

Si .. oh man is that ever the truth! Scott poped over at the weekend with his GT-R which got me all excited and prompted me to take some positive book action. Starting the actual writing tonight ... I've got it in my head how I'm going to get the intro written .. brainstorms done, post-it notes everywhere .. I'm ready to go :D

Should see ya at Xmas by the looks of it!

Cheers,

Dan

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Eyore, I'd love to accept your offer, but I'm only going to make 5p profit on each book so you'd run me bankrupt in no time :D

·
Registered
425 Posts
Does the "turbo" bit in the title mean you wont be including non-turbo versions?:(

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Kempy,

Well I am toying with the idea still, originally I wanted to cover all bases of the R32 onwards, but the availability of information on the non-turbo models (GXi, GTE etc) is near zero so I may have to abort that area of coverage. I dont want too, but I cant find any web resources for the lower models :(

Would I be right in saying that your R33 GTS4 is non-turbo??

If I could find a person in the UK with each model I could fill in the research gaps, but I dont think many people over here have bothered to import the 1.8 GXi's and 2.0 GTS's ... or if they have maybe they are not registered here...

Any ideas welcomed though, I'd love to cover all the models :)

Cheers,

Dan

·
Registered
694 Posts
You can use mine Dan

Dan,

Re: the 2.0's mate, don't know if Glen or Scott has mentioned my car to you yet, but, mine is a totally standard R33 GTS 2.0 (RB20E) 2 Door Skyline, I have so many people keep asking me how I keep it so clean and what polish I use etc, I am 99.9% sure that you will not find a better condition or cleaner example of a 33 GTS (espically non-turbo) out there. You would be more than welcome to use my car for the book, information wise about these, over the last couple of years, I have managed to track down the original Japanese sales brochures for the R33 GTS Skyline that cover both the turbo and non-turbo variants with a load of information for each, again, if you like, you would be more than welcome to use them.

I still say it everyday now that my Skyline has been by far the best car I have ever bought, even after 3 years of ownership it has been brilliant, there is only one car left to get should I ever part with mine which is of course a GT-R ! I just cant persuade myself to get another bank loan to get one though at the moment ! I wonder how many people on here have got loans for their Skyline !?

You are right that there is a total lack of information for the non-turbo Skylines which is the exact reason that people should be made more aware of them and what a wonderful car they are. Come on Dan, you gotta include em now havent you !! Besides about 98% of people whom I meet say 'what this is a non-turbo?!' when they talk about my 33 which means that they are rarer than people think eh !

Hope to hear from you soon perhaps ?

p.s. I am in Essex too and will be in your neck of the woods in a couple of weeks Dan, let me know if you fancy a meet up ?

Shaun. :D

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Dan mate... your books gonna have the non-turbo cars in it... you aint allowed to make all the GTR-S MORE famous and leave us out!
You now have an R32 GTS25 and R33 GTS2 on your doorstep... and ive seen a few other non turbos lurking about on here...
The Aussies on the SDU site are quite into thier non-GTRs too, so your in an excellent position to show off these cars! :)

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My arm is twisted...

Ok guys you've twisted my arm(s)!

Shaun, many thanks for your offer, I'd like to take you up on that, photo use of your car and the information you have would be excellent... I'll PM you my details and if you're still up to meet when you come over this way then I'd be very glad to see ya! :D

Good title Moschops, I'll add that too the list, ditto LachlanXG.

Looks like I'd better start rethinking the title again then ... hmmmmm :D

Cheers,

Dan

·
Registered
241 Posts
ok ok dont worry bout the 50p fee how about just my car on the cover ???? :D

title poss ..... "Mind me Mota" ? or "the only car not to stop !" ? or "Get off me boot, or Ill accelerate" ? or "Never to the floor" ? "The Skyline - How many do you see on the hard shoulder ?"....

Im still thinkin....

E :smokin:

·
Registered
41 Posts
I still think "Lucid Dream: From Dream to Reality"

thats a wonderful title...talk about Nissans vision and how real it was then the actual production of the beast..

·
Registered
905 Posts
Oi Dan!!!

Dont forget that the wife drives a rather splendid R33 Four Dour 2.0 non turbo too, which is in excellent condition!!!!

Si

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Si, Of courseeeeeeeee I forgot you were a two skyline family .. the only holes left really then are the lower R32 models, a GXi, GTE, and 2.0 GTS is all I need to be pretty much complete. Oh, and a Non-Turbo R34 :rolleyes: like what are the chances of finding one of those...

You might be onto something there LachlanXG, maybe I'll devote a chapter to the designers original visions, although trying to research that kind of detail without speaking or reading Japanese is a nightmare :(

1 - 20 of 40 Posts