GTR Forum banner

Booked in a Litchfield's - The Mods Have Started

1K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  terry lloyd 
#1 ·
I recently had my first 12 month NHPC service done and I can't wait any longer so I've booked my car in at Litchfield's :chuckle:

I'm having stage 4.25 done plus the Litchfield suspension kit and handling kit.

I've been to Litchfield's for a couple of oil changes and Iain and Neil have been a fantastic help so far. There's been absolutely no hard sell and they've freely spent as long as I needed discussing build options.

I did however forget to ask about the Ecutek Connect Bluetooth dongle. Has anyone had this fitted, is it any good and is it useful?

#2 ·
Good choice, 4.25 is a nice jump from standard, you won't be disappointed!

I also have the bluetooth dongle and have used it to scan for errors, adjust settings etc, so much more useful than having a laptop and wire with you. You can even standard outside the car using the app, whilst the car is running and change settings. :)

#4 ·
You will love it! I'm almost a little jealous as I jumped straight into GTR ownership at Stage 4.25, so didn't get to experience the performance of a standard GTR, and then the increase to 4.25.

Can't imagine what a standard one must feel like now, I imagine pretty tame :chuckle:

#6 ·
mine was bone stock, then stage 4, then 4.25

stock 0-60 is stupid fast as we all know. and is slightly quicker at stage 4.25

stock 60+ ok maybe a bit tame, stage 4/4.25 60+ a LOT LOT quicker and superb fun on the motorway! I have most of my fun from 3rd gear onwards. Tho i do a lot of motorway driving.

Reactions: -SeanS
#14 ·
Wider tyres do bit put more power to the road. They change the contact patch shape in a way that's actually detrimental to straight line traction!

For me the experience isn't ruined by worrying it will break. It's ruined by the updated gearbox.

My limit is the limit that gearbox strengthening gives you that didn't require a full replacement billet gearset.

I'd do first, replace the shafts and update the baskets, but that's it.

After that it becomes less pleasant as an everyday car and once that sets in it starts to become an unused second car. At that point, you've gone too far.

#15 ·
They are not a pleasant everyday car full stop ( well the council edition my09s are not ) i grew to hate mine as a everyday car , big , heavy steering, clunky pos gearbox, noisy, uncomfortable seats etc was only fun when going for a spirited drive , seems to me as you up the power this only gets worse with harsher clutches even louder exhausts - maybe im just getting old :)

#17 ·
Some great information there, good to get different perspectives on the pros and cons.

If I do the gearbox it would probably would be just first, shafts and baskets. I quite like the noises as I think there's far too many soulless cars around :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.