GTR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the plunge after Asda Day when someone scratched the bonnet (jeans stud it looks like having been sat on) and the usual sand blasted stone chips etc to book the Spec V in for the full shooting match at PW Pro.

Great assistance on phone and text from Paul to all my questions and she is having a two day valet, paint correct, polish and lacquer with a couple of coats of Gtecniq Glass on top! Should come out quote shiny and last a year or so.

Hopefully I can patch up the stone chips with a toothpick and some of the paint Middlehurst had made up prior to her going in and have them flattened in.

Can't wait - only four weeks to go!

·
Registered
777 Posts
Will be in very good hands, wise choice.

Did this car squatting thing go on with your knowledge?! I think I know the answer...

·
Premium Member
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Will be in very good hands, wise choice.

Did this car squatting thing go on with your knowledge?! I think I know the answer...
Spotted it immediately coming out to car in morning. I had to go for a quiet walk round the car park to compose myself.

Am sure Paul can polish out as doesn't appear through to metal.....

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Paul will see you right Rog. Had mine detailed by him last year and the crystal rock wax is still making my paint look great even just after a quick wash.

Can't wait to see photos of a freshly detailed spec V :cool:

·
Premium Member
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Me too! Trying to get hold of some paint to toothpick fill the bad chips - Middlehurst are on the case!

The paint is a nightmare - gorgeous but Brunters made it look like it has been sand blasted on front bumper. Rest is just swirl Central. Looked great when I got it from Middlehurst so no complaints but after four years obviously it needs a bit of love and attention. Bloody stone chip on edge of wheel I noticed today so hope that can be filled and polished out.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
It's a car that needs to be used, Rog. It's not a garage queen.... Is it?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts