GTR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what gain i should be running on my HKS EVC? Im having a bit of bother with it at the moment as it was set at 90 till someone said it was way too high and to turn it down to 70. Since turning it down however whenever i boost it goes past the 0.85 bar that i set it at and heads towards 1 bar before the overboost light flashes and it backs off. I've tried turning the boost down to 0.7 and it still does the same. Then i turned the gain to 75 and set the boost at 0.90 bar and it seems fine but is the gain too high?
The car can take considerably more boost than i have set it at as it has twin N1's and other mods to match but im all for running my car safely and keeping it in good order as to screwing the life out of it.
Any advice would be greatly recieved:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
There is a "offset" option IIRC, or at least this is the case on the EVC5.

This will determine how the boost is spooled up. Hence this offset could be too high, and causing the boost to build up to quick, and hence cannot control it quick enough, and hits your overboost setting, and starts bleeping.

Do you have the manual for this? It explains it pretty well in that

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think mine is the old version, it has 4 buttons as opposed to a knob on the left hand side of the unit. I dont have a manual as it came with the car from japan and i managed to mess the settings up before i plugged it back in (it was sent seperate to the car).
Trouble is the when the gain is higher i do not seem to have as much trouble, when its lower is when it goes to overboost!?!? Maybe i should just buy a newer controller.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts