GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I am trying to fit my greddy profec B boost controller to my R32 and I have read the manual and I understand pretty much most of it now it shows on the diagram that I have to connect a hose from the intercooler piping (straight after the turbo) to the valve unit. Is this correct? Because as I changed the intercooler myself I know for a fact that the intercooler has not got any hoses connected to any of the intercooler piping. Should their be hose connected to the intercooler piping? And will I have to weld a nipple on and then connect it to the valve unit?

Thank you

·
Registered
185 Posts
the controller needs an indication of pressure; can be from anywhere along the run from turbo to inlet manifold really. the destructions suggest just after the turbos since this is where the take-off for the wastegate actuator would be (except on skylines). i dont believe it makes any difference where you tap into.

·
Registered
55 Posts
take it off the bottom of the intake manifold, you can usualy use the nipple for the stock solenoid, as long as its not being used to do anything else.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
i was told that pressure drops across the intercooler so a nipple has to be put on straight after the turbo to ensure the right amount of boost is running on the turbo, is that correct?

thank you guys for your help

·
Registered
32 Posts
my car is fitted with the same boost controller and it gets it reading from the inlet manifold side.
i've always wondered about pressure drop after the intercooler aswell.
if its reading 1 bar of boost after the intercooler, surely the boost will be higher just after the turbos.
if so, is there a chance the standard turbo's will be running over the 1 bar safe limit?!

·
Registered
185 Posts
pressure only drops where there is a restriction to flow. i wouldnt have thought an intercooler would be a significant restriction, since it is designed to flow a large volume of air. having said that, it will have some effect because the incoming air is diverted into 23 or 24 thin tubes (a few mm thick) which run the active length of the cooler. (done a quick approximation and the area of all the tubes is the same as the area of the 2.5inch inlet pipe.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts