GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I want to find a boost controller that can fit into the ash tray area. Can anyone help me on finding the suitable model?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
As Alan says you can if selecting carefully you can get two units fitted - I've just got some CF sheeting as a backing template - biggest problem is where to put the PFC handcontroller!!

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
CF = Carbon Fibre

Don't have any pictures offhand - what's your e-mail & I'll send some tomorrow

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
HJ242 said:
Hi all,

I want to find a boost controller that can fit into the ash tray area. Can anyone help me on finding the suitable model?

Thanks
What car is it we're talking about here, R34?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
If you're prepared to remove/modify the ash tray then most stuff would fit I expect.

I managed to fit a Blitz DSBC boost controller and an HKS knock meter in mine, along with the switchy thing for the alarm:

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Replied to your PM HJ242, but thought I'd post how I did it up on the thread too in case anybody else wants to have a go themselves:

I basically removed the ash tray completely, then accurately cut a piece of 3mm aluminium sheet, (although carbon fibre plate would probably work too), to the exact size of the aperture, (hole), in the dash, so that it was a press fit.

Then I decided where in the plate I wanted to mount the electronic boxes, measured them for size, and transferred these measurements onto the plate.

I cut the holes out, (slightly undersize), as I wanted them to be a tight neat fit. I then opened out the holes using a file until they were exactly right, (the knock meter had curved edges). To create the apertures in the centre of the plate, I drilled a series of holes, and joined them with a hacksaw blade. I then filed the rough edges smooth.

I then trial fitted everything, and once I was happy with the fit, I spray painted the plate in satin black.

I then re-assembled everything, using hot melt glue to secure the units in place, (although they were a good press fit already). I then press fitted the plate into the dash aperture, and bish bosh job done. :)

Best tip I can give you is to take your time, and take small amounts of material off. If you take slightly too much off with the saw or file you can't put it back on, and it'll look bodged.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts