GTR Forum banner

Boost Controller Poll...

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Vendor
6,196 Posts
Hi faz it was fitted in my car when i bought it and its easy to use i dont know how much it costs. hope this helps

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i've been offered a evc5 for 250, not sure whether its worth it as all the boost controllers do the same thing right?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Faz Choudhury said:
i've been offered a evc5 for 250, not sure whether its worth it as all the boost controllers do the same thing right?
this my sound weird but if its off ebay then theres a possibility that it could be a copy of the genuine item & could damage your engine, this problem was bought to are attension on the 300zx forum by a trader, hks evc 5 is one of the best & expensive controllers new ones are approx 500 pounds plus, and as mentioned the profec b is best value for money & a good boost controller, theres a member on 300zx forum whos selling a apexi avcr for 280. however the evc5 that your being offered for 250 is a good price considering there about 500 for a new one.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I don't have one either. Had it running at 0.85 the other day and all seemed fine..

mind you I was thinking of getting a boost controller. Currently my boost creeps about 0.1 bar just as cam advances, I guess I'd have this boost throughout the rev range if I were to get one.

How much difference is that 0.1 bar going to make at sub-5k rpm? Is it worth the money I wonder?

I noticed I have to 'correct' my boost if the weather changes and it gets cold or suddenly warm. I guess I wouldn't have to worry about this either..

1 - 20 of 96 Posts