GTR Forum banner

Boost Controller Poll...

• Total voters
41 - 60 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Apexi AVC-R rules! It´s a nice piece of kit, holds boost solid as a rock and response is really fast. Also price is very good. Not as cheap as Profec B Spec II, but almost. And compared to HKS EVC it is a bargain. The only thing is that lots of people don´t know how to set it up right. But if you know, nothin´else can challenge it.:bowdown1:

·
Registered
275 Posts
For apexi avc-r users ..

Can someone please post how to connect the hoses to an external hks wastegate ..?

I used to have the avc-r connected to the side port on the WG before and max boost I could go was 1.3 bar ..

Now I need more boost and have to connect the other port on the WG which is the top one .. doesn't seem to work for me now :(

I have also tighten'd the screw on top of the wastegate, that didn't help either ..

can someone help ..avc-r users on external wastegate and high hp

·
Registered
100 Posts
I can add me to the list now, just fitted my profec b... :smokin:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
sorry to resurrect an old thread, but....

I have a sual-SBC in another car - which does what it says - but looking at the boost profile on the dyno, at full boost it's a spikey line, rather than a flat line - which would suggest the SBC is having trouble holding boost at the preset. Further more while driving, the boost is not consistent - sometimes under WOT my guage shows less than the preset max boost, yet the gauge memory shows the correct max boost has been achieved. Oh, and I'm not running scramble boost or anything like that - just gain and ratio.

So I thought of getting a Profec-B - but several of the dyno tuners here say they've had to send a lot back on warranty cos they just stop working and they no longer sell them, even though they are cheap.

So any suggestions as to what to get?? - the AVCR's look good, but pretty pricey....:popcorn:

·
Registered
123 Posts
havent got one but ive been looking at the Apexi AVCR
gotta love the idea that you can have diff boost at diff rpm or diff gears would be good for the drag strip just enough in first to not be slow and then oh the lord mucho boost in the rest of them

is there a conroler that alowes diferent setups to be programed and stored for diff conditions or would you have to reprogram for that ??????

·
Registered
149 Posts
Anyone try a check-ball type(not bleed type like the old VVC's) mechanical controller such as a Turbosmart or Hallman? They are supposed to be quite good, cheap, reliable, fast boost response

·
Registered
59 Posts
boost controler

i have avcr good to have differant levels of boost in the gears but hard to initaly set up and not the cheapest

·
Registered
149 Posts
Installed a Blitz dual SBC-R today, no problems at all, Easy to set-up and use. Works awesome, an excellent boost controller. Scramble boost is a little wierd (someone please fill me in on the point of this controller's scramble-its nothing like the HKS). I'd highly recommend this to anyone.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have a new favorite boost controller for low buck applications: Ark Design ABC. It is so easy to use a kid could use it. It retails for US$395 and is designed by the very same engineer that designed the Apexi AVC-R years ago.

ARK Design ABC, click product, go to ABC and click English.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Got my GReddy on the GTR . . . nightmare to set up (IMO).

Used to have the AVCR on my MR2 tubby, loved al the functions and it looks pretty good with a decent install too!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Got an AVC-R. Not cheap but really pleased with it. Easy to set up, looks the business and does what its supposed to. Not used any of the others mind so can't comment on those.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'm fairly new on here. i've been a skyline GTST owner for a few years and now have a GTR. To up the power, why do you need a boost controller as well as an ECU like an Apexi Power FC?

41 - 60 of 96 Posts