GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which one would you guys out there recommend??

Also is it worth it on a car which is already running at 1 bar??

What are the advantages of it?? Could you set it to give extra boost or build up boost at lower RPM's?? Would this have adverse effects on the engine, i.e. stress???

And how hard is to fit and if need be, setup??

Cheers guys.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Fitting a boost controller gives you a better control over most aspects of the boost you run.

the evidence can be seen on a dyno when you look at the boost level on a car with no controller the line is a lot more sawtooth in profile than in a car with a controller.

If you averaged out this profile to provide a straight line it would probably be down somewhat.

a boost controller also gives you an overboost or splash mode where you can set it to a higher boost for an overtaking monouvere or for drag racing. this can be a dangerous feature on a car with std turbos but you can turn them up to 1.05 or so and be relatively safe.

as for fitting, if you have got another car to look at the do that.
I recently fitted an APEXI AVC-R to my car. I have done some instructions for fitting as the ones on the web are really bad.

the job itself is more awkward than difficult. getting the loom into he car cabin is great fun.

If you go for the APEXI then hopefully the info I wrote will be available on this site then..

hope this helps.

Steve

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers for the help mate

Can anyone else give opinions o different ones.

I was actually thinking of a Blitz DSBC one.

·
Banned
3,561 Posts
Bill Lewis (LSOC) designed a very good and accurate boost controller for TTs' which I think would work for Skyline TTs' which costs £25 if you already have a gauge.

It can be controlled from inside the car for another tenner and is far less visible than the rather obvious off the shelf unit.

I'll find the link to it when I have the opportunity.

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok cheers mate

I've already got the NISMO boost gauge.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have an AVC-R in my car and like the fact that I can run the boost I want at the revs I want depending on the gear I'm in. As far as I am aware, no other boost controller can do that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts