GTR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking at the Blitz DSBC for my gts-t and was wondering if it was worth it? From what I've read it seems a cheap source of reliable power if used correctly and also a cheap form of power?

The car is alomst stock and only has 53k on the clock?

Anyone got pros and cons or should I go ahead with it or is there another BC that is better for around the same money?

Many thx,

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi Rich, I am now using the DSBC and I find it very good. Packed with features - 4 boost setting and splash mode. Display current boost and also peak. Looks great and the size is just nice to tuck it in front of you (I place it in the ashtray compartment). I used to have the Profec B - also good and no nonsense kinda BC. Only 2 setting - hi & low. No display whatsoever and no splash mode.

·
Registered
506 Posts
GTS Boost

Rich,

I've got the HKS EVC 4 boost controller on my car:smokin: . As far as I'm aware you need to ensure you don't go above 0.8 bar in the standard RB25DET engine (even that may be too high:eek: ). Have a chat with Gary at GT-aRT or Mark/Tony at Abbey. Whatever you do, don't follow my example....see the 'White smoke' thread....

If you're going to boost in the GTS you need to consider getting a bigger intercooler, metal head gasket etc. Talat told me all this Donkeys ago and I thought it was OTT....Hmmm, now I'm paying the price;) ;) .

I'll post a pic and details of my re-born GTS when I get it back in a week or so:smokin: ;)

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Surely there must be a safe level of boost then as other turbos cars seem to do quite well?

If i went for a bigger intercooler then i wouldn't be fussed about a BC, see what the cash can spread to then I guess.

hx for the advice peeps.

·
Registered
6,091 Posts
EVC fitted to mine holds the boost exactly as it is set.
No Probs
Low / High setting + scramble boost all can be set to what you require.
Plus there is an overboost warning and if you turn the unit off the car returns to the original boost.
Hope this helps
Best regards Alan:D

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So on the RB25DET what is the standard boost? Can't be much as I can tell by the original boost gagaue in the dash, and what is a good limit if Stu says 0.8 is too high, and what can use if u need a very quick spurt of power say?

Sorry for all the questions but yours views are greatly welcomed.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I think the std boost is 0.5 bar. Mine was running 0.6 bar after I fitted a front pipe and exhaust. I personally wouldn't fit a boost controller in isolation on an rb25 'cos of it's high compression ratio and small intercooler. IMO a cheap/bugdet fix would be to fit a boost controller, GTR fuel pump and a JZA80 Supra intercooler and run it at 0.8 bar.

Talat.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Not to fussed about cost was just thinking it might be a good mod, but I want one thats reliable. I thought it was around 0.5bar, anyone able to source a nice intercooler then??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.