GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the best (most reliable/accurate) location to plumb in a boost gauge??? (on a GTST)

Any advice is appreciated..

·
Registered
720 Posts
The 'MAP' sensor behind the drivers side suspension tower or the pipe going to the fuel pressure regulator on the fuel rail.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Try to avoid tapping the fuel pressure regulator line if you can, the last thing you want is a pressure drop in that line as this will potentially screw up the boost fuel enrichment :D

·
Registered
865 Posts
Yeah as the Pidgester said the MAP sensor mate, this is where mine is and even Rod Bell said this is the best location.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
map sensor

cheers mates, but where exactly is that sensor?? any chance to do an illustration (eg. a photo)???

Surely the pressure at that point is slightly different to the pressure at turbo, (I mean should be lower) so if it sees 1 bar, it could well be 1.2 at turbo = DANGER!!!! correct me if I am wrong..

Thanks

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Thats what I figured, pressure drops in any kind of sensor line are a bad thing... But the Skyline boys say MAP sensor is ok.

Personally I would never interupt any kind of pressure fed dedicated feed, MAP, Fuel Reg or otherwise...

Just my 0.02c :D

·
Registered
720 Posts
MAP sensor can't hurt as nothing other then the standard boost gauge uses the outputed signal, there is No feed to the ecu. There is also no varaition in pressure @ the turbo.

And to answer your questionn, its a small black sensor with a wiring connector and rubber tube leeding off to the plenum, its located behind the drivers side front suspenion tower.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
jrpidgeon ... ahh ok that clears it up. I'm used to SAAB tuning by day where messing with the MAP sensor is just asking for disaster... Obviously not doubting anyones Skyline prowess here :p :D

·
Registered
905 Posts
Front end of the ECCU bit on top of the toward the front of the car there is a little pipe just T piece in to it, most reliable and accurate boost guage position me thinks, being as thats where Rod Bell put mine.....;)

Si

Ill send you a piccy if you want it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts