GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi currently running uk r33 gtr with d/pipes,decat,exhaust,greddy 8 racing plugs,hks intakes,std pump with injectors and middlehurst ecu.Car was running great showing approx 0.85 bar.
Just installed gizmo electronic boost controller and turbos spin up better and now running 0.95 bar, but sometimes when I accelarate power delivery seems to be not so good then lift off re-apply power and pulls strong again?.
Car is booked in for apexi l jetro ecu,uprated pump and injectors so hoping this will cure it and I'm told will see big difference in performance,etc.
Any help??
Cheers

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Sounds like your Gain is set to high on the boost controller and it overshoots?
I'm not familiar with the Gizmo, so can't exactly tell you what to do, but to take back the pulsing of the control valve a little bit.

Marc

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have it on 6% but will drop it back 1 or 2? Would that also cause overboost when you back off and re-apply throttle? ( im trying to maintain circa 1 bar max)?

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Usually thats the bad way of doing it. You should really read the manual and see if it has some kind of mechanism to ensure you're not overboosting.

I've never seen a Gizmo IRL, I heard about them, and thats about it :)

Marc

1 - 4 of 4 Posts