GTR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my r32 gtr out last night first time in a week and the car is strugling to make past 0.7 bar of boost. The car has a boost controller fitted that i have switched of at the moment until i check whether the fuel pump is standard. Usually the car would make 0.9 bar then hold 0.85 with the boost controller switched of, now it wont make past 0.7 even with the controller on. Modifications are hks downpipes, de cat, blitz nur spec, hks induction kit, apexi front mount, blitz bov and blitz boost controller. My first thought is to check the blitz bov and the plumbing of the boost controller. I was just wondering are ther any boost hoses that are known for spliiting/leaking?

·
Registered
150 Posts
If it is a torn intercooler pipe, you'll be getting dark smoke out the back from over-fuelling...
I'd check out the vacuum lines for the boost control and the ones for the turbos etc a friends gtr had the same problem not so long ago, and we found that it was a fouled vacuum line.
Either way, check the intercooler pipes first as its easier option.

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,203 Posts
Mine lost the one which runs around the back of the engine. Real bugger to get to.

However this one was easy to diagnose because the dash boost gauge and the boost controller gave different readings - the split was between the two pick-up points.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quick update on this, visually inspected all intercooler pipes and vacume lines yesterday nothing obvious :confused: So warmed her up and the car is now boosting as before :confused: My guess is the blitz bov are leaking as they are in the position to get lots of crap fired at them. Just wondering whether they can be serviced ie new springs and gaskets or just replace them with different units? I dont have the stock bov valves as the car was imported like this so cant revert back to standard.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts